Help installing second copy of warcraft

astronutski

Question

I already have Lich King installed in the default directories, running the Trinity Core and that is working fine.

I want to install vanilla now (finally located the discs) into a different directory, but when I try to install from CD it recognizes the already installed LK version and is not giving me the option to install again, only "play" the existing LK version, even though I have vanilla disc one in the CD.

I know I have to install into a different directory, but how do I get it to begin the installation of vanilla?

Thank you!

3 answers to this question

Disks? Hm... The Zero is intended for the final vanilla patch, 1.12. This corresponds to a few client builds, in particular 5875 and 6005, maybe one more I have forgot. If you have another build, nothing is guaranteed and you need to start with disabling warden in the config:

Warden.WinEnabled = 0

Disks? Hm... The Zero is intended for the final vanilla patch, 1.12. This corresponds to a few client builds, in particular 5875 and 6005, maybe one more I have forgot. If you have another build, nothing is guaranteed and you need to start with disabling warden in the config:

Warden.WinEnabled = 0

Yes, I have Lich King 3.3.5a installed in the default directories running Jeuties repack with Trinity Core.

I just now installed the original discs of vanilla, and I haven't logged in and I do not know exactly which version I just installed, I THINK it's 1.12 but haven't confirmed yet, but I do have all of the patches to get it to 1.12 whatever version was installed off the discs. I have renamed the vanilla directory as Wow-vanilla during this second installation to avoid confusion and to still have the Lich King version as well.

All is going well so far, but I have to call it a night now. Besides, I need to dig into the installation documentation here more before I go too far and mess something up.

Thank you for your post, I don't want to miss something, or do something wrong, but at least at this point I think I know what's going on, LOL, that will likely change very quickly though, haha. Actually now that I look at the disc files again, I see that ironically Wow.exe is 1.12 MB LOL, but the file version says 1.0.0.1 so if that's accurate I will have to install those patches I've downloaded.

Again, thank you, I will take all of the assistance y'all want to give, no matter how basic it may seem to you :^)

Archived