MaNGOS RESTful API & Abstraction Layer

Shozokui

Hello Community,

I'm excited to share work with you gentlemen/ladies. I'm building an abstraction layer and API for the MaNGOS Zero database specifically. In time, this may be expanded to mangos one and mangos two.

The project is fairly limited in scope to ensure it's initial success and the application which it is being developed for. You may find the repository here: MaNGOS Zero API

In the documentation on the repository, you may find more detailed documentation on the specification of the API in it's current state. Contributions and collaborations are absolutely welcomed, but not necessary. :) Hopefully you enjoy my work and code quality.

I've been following this project and making private tools/patches almost since it's inception so many years ago. What inspired me to become an engineer is working on this core. It's my regret that I was never confident enough in my contributions to contribute back to the core. "Messing around" in the core for so many years has taught me a very wide variety of strategies when approaching C++ problems in my professional career, ergo I have a very large amount of respect for the engineers who developed some of these systems. I've very glad that I can finally contribute and give back to the community in some way. I have another project I'm also hoping to contribute back which includes a lot of scripted content updates, fixes, new content which is going through rigorous testing with my group of friends.

I was using the MaNGOS name and logo in the organization which hosts this repository. If there are any concerns with this, I'm more than happy to refactor that upon request. I wasn't sure how "ok" it was or not. Easier to ask for forgiveness I guess :).

Thank you everyone who has contributed to this project, it's been a project that's been very near and dear to me since inception.

Archived