Vmaps for invisible objects

Guest Wojta

Hi,

I have noticed that LoS in Eye of Eternity (map 616) is blocked incorrectly, and, as far as I can tell its because invisible (at least in client) Nexus_Raid_Floating_Platform.wmo. I dont know why there is this wmo, because there is also destructible gameobject. Before gobject is destroyed, LoS is ok because players are only on platform (well, they dont need to shoot outside platform), but when its destroyed, there should be no LoS at all on this map.

Theres something like that also in chamber outside VoA raid - there is also destructible object in entrance, but when it is destroyed, LoS is still blocked (and you cant see anything between you and target).

Someone else noticed this? Does this mean that WMOs are also destructible?

Thanks, I will try to find also some link between gameobject and wmo - because wmo should be there (for LoS or height calculation in case of EoE), but when gobject is destroyed, it should be ignored. Also standart door gobject comes to my mind, I will dig little deeper as soon as i get to my PC.

Wait a second, there is directly .wmo file in GameObjectDisplayInfo.dbc for nexus platform and for example for Lich king platform, so these could be loaded directly. And I think some pseudo-object could also be created for gobjects with other then wmo models - from minX, maxX etc. fields. So main problem is to implement dynamic objects load into mapTree, isnt it?

• 2 weeks later...

I think that is a part if dynamic objects LoS check. Some objects are dynamically visible and invisible (EoE, gundrak bridge BRD huge door) so u can't precisely evaluate that with static extraction.

Removing ignoreLoSmap and ignoreLoSspell from config was unfortunate choice. some maps and spells still need that (EoE, 4 horsemen spells, Divine Hymn, Tranquility, etc etc)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use