Linux - getmangos.sh

zuiley

Question

Hey getMaNGOS

I have tried to setup a server by using the getmangos.sh on linux apparently it keeps failing for me and I have a hard time figuring out what I'm doing wrong.

- I have been wondering if the script is outdated and that the server folders have been changed around?

I went on linux and installed mysql-server, libmysqlclient-dev, and git.
After all those was setup I then rebooted my computer and created a new user at mysql + made it grant all *.* and then closed mysql.

I went into the mangos folder and did a:

git clone https://github.com/mangoszero/server.git serverZero --recursive

I then did a cd server/linux folder and sudo ./getmangos.sh and followed all the steps.

I figured that if you ask it get a new fresh clone the script breaks and you have to manually clone it again.

If you manage to get to end (by telling the script not to get a fresh copy), the script breaks and gives an error because it tries to search for a sql file inside the realm/update /char/update /world/update which isn't there due to the folders has been changed into the rel versions. this made me copy everything inside the rel21 + the folder inside that to the update folders which made me able to get past this point.

The script will then break in the very end due to that it can't locate the wow folder even if you manually type it to get the script to get mmaps, vmaps, dbc folders.

in the end, I have no clue what is happening or if I'm just doing something wrong. Feel free to PM me to get my skype, I would love getting some help with this. I have been struggling with this the last few days.

5 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Talendrys said:

I think your issues are linked with the renaming of the Github repo.

Can you please provide me the linux os you're running and if you installed all the dependencies as requested by the script ?

I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and yea I have intalled all dependencies

Archived