Greeting from Philadelphia

drew

Very casual WOW player. Don't raid or run dungeons. Prefer questing and crafting. Enjoy AH. Private server experience very recent, since August. Playing on Darrowshire and Frostgale. Intrigued by WOW emu and been doing some reading on mangos, cmangos, Trinity etc. Downloaded brotalnia's Elysium repack and been poking around. Would like to setup my own private server for personal use with some mods. Vanilla server but with mount at 20, kind of like wrath. A uniqe ram mount that climbs steep hills, am AH and player bots. Frostgale has an AH bot and I like it. This would be a "science project" and not a public server but would like to experiment with making it "public". Taking LabView now and working, project will have to wait untll Christmas. Looking forward to learning new stuff

I cannot say anything about Elysium as well as Cmangos. The original TC, being superior in many aspects, supports nothing below WotLK. So, the MangosZero for vanilla.

The level allowing to use mounts is just the config option. AH bot is built in; I personally never touched it, but one says the bot is working. The playerbot code is present also, and I heard it even works somehow. However this is the part to be cared of by a developer, since the bot was evidently ported with a haste from a WotLK emulator and has lots of wrong packet structure assumed, as well as a non-vanilla combat AI (cast sequences). The least probable thing is the special mount to me. I hope to be wrong, but I suppose you need to modify the client to allow "climbing steep hills".

Be ready to learn a lot about the emulator. A place to start with few questions may be our Discord channel. Good luck and have fun!

mangos.conf in Elysium repack has an AHbot but not mount level option. I'll copy and paste and see what happens.

Thank you. I'll start with the easy first. Will have to get more familiar with emulators. My coding is limited to Ada, awk, sed and some Perl. Nothing with SQL. Had C/C++ classes but since I don't use it daily, I don't remember much.  I test avionics s/w so I have some understanding.

Thanks again. 

Archived