MaNGOS Zero: Code and Data flow

mtp1032

I've been playing with Mangoszero now for almost two months (user only) and think I've got a pretty good feel for how it's to be used as well as some of its limitations. But, I started this adventure with the hope of getting back into development (I was part of the Kernel dev team at Microsoft for W7 but have been retired since 2003). So, as my first foray into the code, I'd like to begin by documenting the module architecture. By this I mean:

1. Command and data flow: what modules are touched when some arbitrary client command, e.g., "/cast Flash Heal") reaches the server (mangosd.exe).
  2. Related to #1, how are the modules laid out (e.g., we used to do block diagrams from the user interface, through the main body of the code and back).

Whoops. An alarm just went off and I have to drive to the airport to pickup my wife. I should say that I've looked through the various doc resources and have found nothing like this. So, if it exists a pointer to the docs would be very, very greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Archived