Upgrade from MangosZero to MangosOne

Перминов Алексей

Question

Hi all.

A long time ago, my friends and I started playing on the mangos 1.12 server by Broltania.
Now we are at the point where we need to open a new extension.

I googled a lot and realized that there is no one general solution for moving to a new kernel.

We do not have many accounts, all 26 people. I think we could do everything by hand.

But we need some kind of instruction which tables we should transfer, which data to change, etc.

Thank you very much for your reply!

5 answers to this question

Hello!

If you're using the 1.12 vMaNGOS by Brotalnia, then it may be difficult to migrate to MangosOne.

vMaNGOS is based off of CMangos, which is a fork off of MaNGOS.

There are a number of database differences that will likely require a manual approach and to my knowledge there are no tools out there to convert from one to the other.

My guess is that there would be many tables that would need to be transferred (all of them?) since they all play an important part in the function of a server.

Thanks for the answer! Yes, this is the repack I use.

The manual approach does not scare me, it scares me more that I don’t understand, but what exactly should I transfer?

I need to transfer characters with their history, i.e. quests, routes, explorations, etc. Items can be restored using .give item or similar.

OK. We have 3 databases.

Characters, realm, world

This is where my knowledge ends. Which tables and how to transfer, unfortunately, I do not know yet.

14 hours ago, Перминов Алексей said:

Thanks for the answer! Yes, this is the repack I use.

The manual approach does not scare me, it scares me more that I don’t understand, but what exactly should I transfer?

I need to transfer characters with their history, i.e. quests, routes, explorations, etc. Items can be restored using .give item or similar.

OK. We have 3 databases.

Characters, realm, world

This is where my knowledge ends. Which tables and how to transfer, unfortunately, I do not know yet.

MaNGOS and vMangos are two different emulators and have different table structures.

It's really not as easy as transferring data from one table to another. You would need to look at the columns for each - determine what are similar and what are different, and then "translating" that information into the other.

MaNGOS world database documentation: https://www.getmangos.eu/wiki/referenceinfo/dbinfo/mangosdb/mangoszeroworlddb/

MaNGOS realm database documentation: https://www.getmangos.eu/wiki/referenceinfo/dbinfo/realmdb/

MaNGOS character database documentation: https://www.getmangos.eu/wiki/referenceinfo/dbinfo/characterdb/mangoszerochardb/

vMaNGOS wiki: https://github.com/vmangos/wiki

@Перминов Алексей
Doing the initial migration from one database to another can be a challenge for some not use to database structuring etc. I have done data migration from vMangos over to Mangos a few times a few months ago when playing with possible migration/transfer methods via SQL scripts.The best advise I can give you is to research the table structures within the character database itself, since account data is the most easiest to migrate.

These will be the main tables to focus on below. Remember to study each table respectively per project. These tables below should remain the same across all projects with some naming differences. Achievements you wont have to worry about since original Classic (Vanilla) didn't have them yet.

1. Characters
 2. Character Account Data
 3. Character Achievements
 4. Character Achievement Progression
 5. Character Actions
 6. Character Glyphs
 7. Character Homebinds
 8. Character Inventory: Includes item_instance table
 9. Character Pets
10. Character Quest Status: Includes Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Rewarded and Seasonal
11. Character Reputation
12. Character Skills
13. Character Spells
14. Character Talent

I may be able to help with the migration process as long as it's not related to public servers. I am planning to release these scripts publicly per project once I have all the methods ironed out 100% without issues.

Best of luck!