[Guide] How To Post A Proper Bug Report

Guest TheLuda

Always use the search feature before starting a thread. You'll be surprised. 99% of the time, its already been asked, reported, and solved.

Always provide as much information as possible. That means OS, revision, database, any error logs, crash dumps, or gdb trace that you have. It makes it easier to find a solution to your problems. A good description of what is happening to you, is one of the most helpful things.

Here is an example of a simple form to fill out:

Mangos Version:

Custom Patches:

SD2 Version:

Database Name and Version :

How it SHOULD work:

How it DOES work:

Also:

1. Don't keep posting, " fix this fix this fix this, we need this, why isn't it fixed? anyone know how to fix this yet? how come no one's fixed this yet?". This kind of behavior will not make you any friends. People will post a fix when they post a fix. You'll get it when they finish it.

2. If a certain thread is not getting the attention you think it deserves, start working out the problem yourself. I'm sure others are busy with their own obligations, everything can't be fixed in a day. Learn some coding or scripting and try to learn how to fix it yourself.

3. Never post ingame Screenshots. Screenshots of your desktop or folders are fine, just don't post any screenshots of copyrighted material.

4. Any reports that do NOT follow these rules will be closed/deleted after 24 hours.

5. Only 1 bug per thread!

thanks to hikikomori18 for the original draft of the guide.

• 39 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Newbie question: Can I post bugs without having any idea of coding or scripting? I'm a very frecuent player and I really like Mangos, and I would really like to cooperate somehow.

:D

jeah you can, only what you should do is post your <Mangos revision> <spell entry / name> and maybe your database ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use