[Help] Implementing Vehicles

Somebody can help me with functional core files. I am not a C++ expert and most of the fixes here is not understandable for me... :(

I try to follow the advices but this fix is too high for me.

Sorry...My server is down and I do brainstorming what would be the fix, I have tried a lot of things what I learned, read from the forum but no success.

If somebody can help me with advice, fixed core files or a new rev with vehicles I would apprecite it!

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

error when compile

in fille "MovementHandler.cpp"

..\\..\\src\\game\\MovementHandler.cpp(616) : error C3861: 'CHECK_PACKET_SIZE': identifier not found

..\\..\\src\\game\\MovementHandler.cpp(621) : error C3861: 'CHECK_PACKET_SIZE': identifier not found

..\\..\\src\\game\\MovementHandler.cpp(667) : error C3861: 'CHECK_PACKET_SIZE': identifier not found

..\\..\\src\\game\\MovementHandler.cpp(672) : error C3861: 'CHECK_PACKET_SIZE': identifier not found

help please

error when compile

in fille "MovementHandler.cpp"

..\\..\\src\\game\\MovementHandler.cpp(616) : error C3861: 'CHECK_PACKET_SIZE': identifier not found

..\\..\\src\\game\\MovementHandler.cpp(621) : error C3861: 'CHECK_PACKET_SIZE': identifier not found

..\\..\\src\\game\\MovementHandler.cpp(667) : error C3861: 'CHECK_PACKET_SIZE': identifier not found

..\\..\\src\\game\\MovementHandler.cpp(672) : error C3861: 'CHECK_PACKET_SIZE': identifier not found

CHECK_PACKET_SIZE has been deleted. since Rev [8378] http://github.com/mangos/mangos/commit/68ddd9acef228471e6b7efdb419bab211b18250e

Just delete the CHECK_PACKET_SIZE().

You can also read previous posts.

for the argent tournament mounts to work there are 2 spells - 63791 and 63792. when i click on a horse it says "requires tournament stables" but there is no such gameobject. any ideas how to fix this ?

Yes. This spell need a spellfocus GO. Which spellFocus is 1599.

I've not found this GO so i did it by myself. :

name=Tournament Stables (not important)

displayId=1287 (torch)

Type = 8

data0=1599

data1=10 (radius)

data2=2061

You'll just have to put this GO near the mount.

Hi Guys!

First of all: The patch is really great, our Server runs with it too..

but we have a Problem with all 3-Passager Sit Mounts (Mechano-Hog etc).... all entries are correct (i know this because i can spawn the Creature and drive with it..) but if i use the Spell, theres no option to use it.. does anybody have a fix for it?

It might help you :

this is very special case, not implemented yet. Same for mamoth and for motorbike

i dont know exactly how it works, but you arent seating in a vehicle. only passengers are. there is also sent special opcode for this SMSG_UNKNOWN_1191 (guid + vehicle id).

for mamoth, passengers are using vehicle id 315

and for motorbike 318

I don't believe there is any options for that mount. Just get in/out for both passengers.

VF_MOVEMENT = 0x0040, // vehicle will move on its own, not depending on rider, however rider can cast spells

What do you mean, "its own"? Waypoints or something else?

//Czech

Myslím že jsi taky čech, zkrátka mám tu Q ve kterém mám pokecat s NPC a to mě má vysadit na gargoyla, který se mnou obletí ZulDrak. Není to dělané přes klasický letecký cesty(nebo jsem je nenašel...), a nevím jak mu nastavit aby lítal tak jak chci....

Díky za odpověď...

//End Czech

:)

Vehicles arent finished, so am not sure if this will work correctly, try using script for that quest giver (sd2 script).

in the script - after you talk with quest giver - he should create vehicle - gargoyle, then mount player on him and set correct movement flag for gargoyle and send him at your defined waypoints.

//czech

PS : cech nejsom a niekde som tu videl obmedzenie ze sa tu na fore sme iba po anglicky pisat

Guys is there any chance to use or convert Trinity's vehicle system? It is just a question. I am a bit surprised, because they can do sg, mangos can do sg else, why do not you pull these improvements into one big system? Maybe this is a green question, but we are wondering what should you achieve if you unite your knowledge....?

Yeah I am full yunderstand this, but a bit annoying...we are working on the same side only using different "languages". I know that and fully confirm that Mangos needs to keep their Blizzlike work, but we need all devs to achieve a working core. Sorry for the off-topic, but I do not understand Trinity's attitude. They could help Mangos not fighting with... :confused:

Anyway keep up the good work Guys! You are the best and Mangos work is magnificent for us! :P