Playerbot (archive)

Sometimes, running both client and server on the same machine can cause serious lag. You're running a 3-D game, server, and database simultaneously, which can cause major slowdowns when system resource usage spikes even with some real horsepower under the hood, so to speak.

This is especially true with database transactions. Remember, every player bot is treated as if a real player were logged into your server. You get enough read-writes and query transactions going at once and you're easily looking at anywhere from one-quarter to one-half your system RAM being used just for MySQL, plus the disk I/O overhead during flushes and saves.

I'd stop blaming Playerbot and learn how to tune your database. Most novices tend to go for overkill with the memory and disk usage settings. A small, private server with only a handful of users might require far less than even the recommended settings provided by the setup wizard.

Ideally, you really ought to run your server and database on a separate computer. Otherwise, you'll always encounter lag spikes and just have to live with the limitations of a single client/server setup.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its my personal opinion that you should never run your client on the same machine as your server, with the exception of spotchecks on new compiles (such as when developing new cores..) to actually rely on one machine to handle your game,server,mysql not to mention bots and god i hope not additional players is foolish, as unkle says above you are going to have lag under such situations even with a really fast machine.

the point is, there is a limit of how cheap you can be... at some point you are going to have to step up and decide if you are serious or just screwing around, if the you want to be serious, get a couple computers and do it right.

if you decide you are only screwing around, dont waste our time with your inanity

I am not a novice. I worked in UDB and I know this shit from insidiede out. I am just posting my problem.

Hi,

Your issues are important whether you are a novice or not. I have replied to your private message and made some suggestions

EDIT: Can you confirm whether or not your lag issue is specific to the rogue class?

The disappearance of bots into the ground is due to the contour differences between 'maps' and 'vmaps'. I have tried to address this issue in the past. Bots will teleport to the botmaster, if they stray too far away (i.e Player flight or enters Instance)

Thanks for your interest in playerbot, and let us know how you get on

Thanks blueboy. Love MaNGOS Team + Unoffical.

I'll read it now.

I have 55DK and 80 Rogue

I start a party by inviting the bot IN FROnt of instance, not inside. When we tried AQ20 I got that problem that bot cannot foloow me. I have the Leader. I even tried with Raid but nothing.

Scholomande worked perfectly.

If yo have any idea how to enter 20/25 instances it would be a life come true. Always wanted to give hell in Naxxramas.

Thanks for help!

PS. Whatever you need (crash reports, crash trace and million other stuff) I can give it to you. My x86 ASM and C skills are being put to good cause

I am doing to dive into this problem.

Now, you don't have to believe me but Iam IT Major with 177IQl Dubrovik is a small towm but everyone is asking me for help. Good money!

If someone could post EVERYTHING on Playerbot bugs I will reparir them. I think that my superior knowledge of C/C++/ASM and of course SQL will fruit. Not all of course, but I think more people want hotter stuff. If you need help I will be working on this.

But can anyone say SOMEthng about Bot LAG nd how to tone it down a bit...

I have a way to speed up playerbot but your not going to like it one bit....redo it in ASM but the AI is going to be a killer....infact...

1002:fa05 LDA

1002:fa7 ARRAY 32:128:64

1002:fb15 MOVE 1006:1000;32 LONG

1002:fa22 CMP A,1006:10017

1002:fa25 BOE 1002:fc55

1002:fa27 JSR 1002:fc23

I think you get my point....and I'm not about to rewrite everything blueboy has done...too much work....

I gree, functionality comes first, but this is REALLY bad. thre are some onther bugses and they are piece of cake...

ImHO, this should be finished.

If you need ASM help, plesae sent Pm.

Thanks

And one final questio. HOW TO Get BOts eNter in raid insranes.... This is the best aspect... Please!

.and again. PS. Is there ANY kind of trick to help with lag? anything.

I gree, functionality comes first, but this is REALLY bad. thre are some onther bugses and they are piece of cake...

ImHO, this should be finished.

If you need ASM help, plesae sent Pm.

Thanks

And one final questio. HOW TO Get BOts eNter in raid insranes.... This is the best aspect... Please!

.and again. PS. Is there ANY kind of trick to help with lag? anything.

Hi,

this is a community project and I want to encourage everyone to contribute. If you feel there is are aspects of playerbot that can be improved (There are load :lol:) please post a patch and we'll test it out. Your expertise would be appreciated and I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

I looked over a lot of code for my Brother, and we both came to and understanding...we both don't know JACK! about C++,but he's a ASM Freak and I'm just a Python Dweeb and nither of us can help blueboy other than yelling how great his work is, so when sombody comes along that can all of us who don't know Jack would live for that person to help...yes I'm talking to you Malloc88, give blueboy a hand before he rally does turn BLUE!....

I have tryed in VC100 but I encountered an error in compile

game.lib(Group.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __cdecl PlayerbotMgr::~PlayerbotMgr(void)" (??1PlayerbotMgr@@UEAA@XZ) referenced in function "public: virtual void * __cdecl PlayerbotMgr::`scalar deleting destructor'(unsigned int)" (??_GPlayerbotMgr@@UEAAPEAXI@Z)

11>game.lib(Player.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __cdecl PlayerbotMgr::~PlayerbotMgr(void)" (??1PlayerbotMgr@@UEAA@XZ)

11>game.lib(WorldSession.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __cdecl PlayerbotMgr::~PlayerbotMgr(void)" (??1PlayerbotMgr@@UEAA@XZ)

11>game.lib(CharacterHandler.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __cdecl PlayerbotMgr::~PlayerbotMgr(void)" (??1PlayerbotMgr@@UEAA@XZ)

11>game.lib(Group.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __cdecl PlayerbotMgr::RemoveAllBotsFromGroup(void)" (?RemoveAllBotsFromGroup@PlayerbotMgr@@QEAAXXZ) referenced in function "public: unsigned int __cdecl Group::RemoveMember(unsigned __int64 const &,unsigned char const &)" (?RemoveMember@Group@@QEAAIAEB_KAEBE@Z)

11>game.lib(Player.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __cdecl PlayerbotAI::~PlayerbotAI(void)" (??1PlayerbotAI@@UEAA@XZ) referenced in function "public: virtual void * __cdecl PlayerbotAI::`scalar deleting destructor'(unsigned int)" (??_GPlayerbotAI@@UEAAPEAXI@Z)

11>game.lib(WorldSession.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __cdecl PlayerbotAI::~PlayerbotAI(void)" (??1PlayerbotAI@@UEAA@XZ)

11>game.lib(ChatHandler.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __cdecl PlayerbotAI::~PlayerbotAI(void)" (??1PlayerbotAI@@UEAA@XZ)

11>game.lib(QuestHandler.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __cdecl PlayerbotAI::~PlayerbotAI(void)" (??1PlayerbotAI@@UEAA@XZ)

11>game.lib(Player.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __cdecl Creature::LoadBotMenu(class Player *)" (?LoadBotMenu@Creature@@QEAAXPEAVPlayer@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __cdecl Player::PrepareGossipMenu(class WorldObject *,unsigned int)" (?PrepareGossipMenu@Player@@QEAAXPEAVWorldObject@@I@Z)

11>game.lib(Player.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: bool __cdecl Player::requiredQuests(char const *)" (?requiredQuests@Player@@QEAA_NPEBD@Z) referenced in function "public: void __cdecl Player::PrepareGossipMenu(class WorldObject *,unsigned int)" (?PrepareGossipMenu@Player@@QEAAXPEAVWorldObject@@I@Z)

11>game.lib(Player.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __cdecl PlayerbotMgr::LogoutPlayerBot(unsigned __int64)" (?LogoutPlayerBot@PlayerbotMgr@@QEAAX_K@Z) referenced in function "public: void __cdecl Player::OnGossipSelect(class WorldObject *,unsigned int,unsigned int)" (?OnGossipSelect@Player@@QEAAXPEAVWorldObject@@II@Z)

11>game.lib(Player.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class Player * __cdecl PlayerbotMgr::GetPlayerBot(unsigned __int64)const " (?GetPlayerBot@PlayerbotMgr@@QEBAPEAVPlayer@@_K@Z) referenced in function "public: void __cdecl Player::OnGossipSelect(class WorldObject *,unsigned int,unsigned int)" (?OnGossipSelect@Player@@QEAAXPEAVWorldObject@@II@Z)

11>game.lib(Player.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __cdecl PlayerbotMgr::PlayerbotMgr(class Player * const)" (??0PlayerbotMgr@@QEAA@QEAVPlayer@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __cdecl Player::OnGossipSelect(class WorldObject *,unsigned int,unsigned int)" (?OnGossipSelect@Player@@QEAAXPEAVWorldObject@@II@Z)

11>game.lib(Player.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __cdecl PlayerbotMgr::Stay(void)" (?Stay@PlayerbotMgr@@QEAAXXZ) referenced in function "public: bool __cdecl Player::TeleportTo(unsigned int,float,float,float,float,unsigned int)" (?TeleportTo@Player@@QEAA_NIMMMMI@Z)

11>game.lib(Player.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __cdecl PlayerbotMgr::UpdateAI(unsigned int)" (?UpdateAI@PlayerbotMgr@@QEAAXI@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual void __cdecl Player::Update(unsigned int)" (?Update@Player@@UEAAXI@Z)

11>game.lib(Player.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __cdecl PlayerbotAI::UpdateAI(unsigned int)" (?UpdateAI@PlayerbotAI@@QEAAXI@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual void __cdecl Player::Update(unsigned int)" (?Update@Player@@UEAAXI@Z)

11>game.lib(Chat.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "protected: bool __cdecl ChatHandler::HandlePlayerbotCommand(char const *)" (?HandlePlayerbotCommand@ChatHandler@@IEAA_NPEBD@Z) referenced in function "protected: class ChatCommand * __cdecl ChatHandler::getCommandTable(void)" (?getCommandTable@ChatHandler@@IEAAPEAVChatCommand@@XZ)

11>game.lib(WorldSession.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __cdecl PlayerbotMgr::HandleMasterOutgoingPacket(class WorldPacket const &)" (?HandleMasterOutgoingPacket@PlayerbotMgr@@QEAAXAEBVWorldPacket@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __cdecl WorldSession::SendPacket(class WorldPacket const *)" (?SendPacket@WorldSession@@QEAAXPEBVWorldPacket@@@Z)

11>game.lib(WorldSession.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __cdecl PlayerbotAI::HandleBotOutgoingPacket(class WorldPacket const &)" (?HandleBotOutgoingPacket@PlayerbotAI@@QEAAXAEBVWorldPacket@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __cdecl WorldSession::SendPacket(class WorldPacket const *)" (?SendPacket@WorldSession@@QEAAXPEBVWorldPacket@@@Z)

11>game.lib(WorldSession.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __cdecl PlayerbotMgr::LogoutAllBots(void)" (?LogoutAllBots@PlayerbotMgr@@QEAAXXZ) referenced in function "public: void __cdecl WorldSession::LogoutPlayer(bool)" (?LogoutPlayer@WorldSession@@QEAAX_N@Z)

11>game.lib(WorldSession.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __cdecl PlayerbotAI::HandleTeleportAck(void)" (?HandleTeleportAck@PlayerbotAI@@QEAAXXZ) referenced in function "public: bool __cdecl WorldSession::Update(unsigned int)" (?Update@WorldSession@@QEAA_NI@Z)

11>game.lib(WorldSession.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __cdecl PlayerbotMgr::HandleMasterIncomingPacket(class WorldPacket const &)" (?HandleMasterIncomingPacket@PlayerbotMgr@@QEAAXAEBVWorldPacket@@@Z) referenced in function "public: bool __cdecl WorldSession::Update(unsigned int)" (?Update@WorldSession@@QEAA_NI@Z)

11>game.lib(CharacterHandler.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __cdecl PlayerbotMgr::OnBotLogin(class Player * const)" (?OnBotLogin@PlayerbotMgr@@QEAAXQEAVPlayer@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __cdecl CharacterHandler::HandlePlayerBotLoginCallback(class QueryResult *,class SqlQueryHolder *)" (?HandlePlayerBotLoginCallback@CharacterHandler@@QEAAXPEAVQueryResult@@PEAVSqlQueryHolder@@@Z)

11>game.lib(ChatHandler.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __cdecl PlayerbotAI::HandleCommand(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,class Player &)" (?HandleCommand@PlayerbotAI@@QEAAXAEBV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@AEAVPlayer@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __cdecl WorldSession::HandleMessagechatOpcode(class WorldPacket &)" (?HandleMessagechatOpcode@WorldSession@@QEAAXAEAVWorldPacket@@@Z)

11>game.lib(QuestHandler.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __cdecl PlayerbotAI::AcceptQuest(class Quest const *,class Player *)" (?AcceptQuest@PlayerbotAI@@QEAAXPEBVQuest@@PEAVPlayer@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __cdecl WorldSession::HandlePushQuestToParty(class WorldPacket &)" (?HandlePushQuestToParty@WorldSession@@QEAAXAEAVWorldPacket@@@Z)

it is working in vc900.

something particular to do in VC100 ? Am I the only one ?

I have tryed in VC100 but I encountered an error in compile

it is working in vc900.

something particular to do in VC100 ? Am I the only one ?

Hi,

I agree. Playerbot at present is only supported on VC90. I am not sure how stable MaNGOS is with VC100. We cannot ignore VC100, just because it's an easier option to stay where we are. I have not got a 64bit box to work with, so it is nigh impossible for me to tackle this :( But, if you (All members) have and your up to the challenge....

Cheers

Sorry for boredome, but MY LOCAL BOT has 1500ms. It lags like a madman. Anyone please?

I can't figute out thid because it is all on local server...

What measures have you taken to tackle this lag; since you first notified the thread of this issue. Are you still running server and client on the same box?

Please let us know

its my personal opinion that you should never run your client on the same machine as your server, with the exception of spotchecks on new compiles (such as when developing new cores..) to actually rely on one machine to handle your game,server,mysql not to mention bots and god i hope not additional players is foolish, as unkle says above you are going to have lag under such situations even with a really fast machine.

the point is, there is a limit of how cheap you can be... at some point you are going to have to step up and decide if you are serious or just screwing around, if the you want to be serious, get a couple computers and do it right.

if you decide you are only screwing around, dont waste our time with your inanity

As I said O HOLY ONE, I am just playing with my cousing and bots would be a great addition. "don't waste our time".

Real helpful. How the fuck should I know I need a second computer.

What measures have you taken to tackle this lag; since you first notified the thread of this issue. Are you still running server and client on the same box?

Please let us know

I will try some things. I know compters good so I might succeed. But if it is true that I need another comp, then I can't do nothng about it.

Anyway, I'll keep you apraised.

I mentioned this few post back. When I challenge a bot to a duel, after 15-20sec I get 1500ms lag (There is a lag indication ingame).

And aain. Bot falls into ground when moving, attacks mob from 10 meters, teleport over short distance when we are moving, etc. This is LAG.

Why bot lags?

@Blueboy

Ok, BOT LAG is funny. I tried different install and many other things. Still lags horribly - /tw attack (attack after 2 seconds), when following it drops into ground, sometimes fights a mob from the ground, when following, it stops then teleports to your location. 1500ms.... I will record a video for you as soon as I fix everything I ruined trying to get it to work normally.

@Blueboy

Ok, BOT LAG is funny. I tried different install and many other things. Still lags horribly - /tw attack (attack after 2 seconds), when following it drops into ground, sometimes fights a mob from the ground, when following, it stops then teleports to your location. 1500ms.... I will record a video for you as soon as I fix everything I ruined trying to get it to work normally.

Hi,,

I need to find a common cause for the issue.

Sorry I normally test these things out with my son, but he is away at present.

@malloc84 You say that the lag only occurs when your in an instance, dueling. Does the lag also occur if your not in an instance and dueling.

@kaxias Can you give me some details?

Cheers

Hi,,

I need to find a common cause for the issue.

Sorry I normally test these things out with my son, but he is away at present.

@malloc84 You say that the lag only occurs when your in an instance, dueling. Does the lag also occur if your not in an instance and dueling.

@kaxias Can you give me some details?

Cheers

1. Lag is everywhere:

- When I am moving around the world and bot follows - he follows but then stops and to reach me he "teleports" through the air and sometimes stays in air few feet over

- Duel is dead meant. If I request a duel, bot won't attack. But after 15 sec I (me) get 1547ms and WoW dies. I tried to minimize WoW and I saw mangosd.exe died with windows exception.

- When I order a bot to attack, he dosen't come near the mob, he attacks from 10 meters and then he returns to me "from the ground" and after that he goes for loot. He dosen't lay on ground to pick up look, he is just standing over the corpse

and many many other lag things.

Movie incoming...

malloc84, have you ever heard that documented bugs are features? Playerbot AI uses 2 second ticks to update itself when bot is out of combat, so you should not be amazed when your bots look like idiots on a walk. Regarding duels, there is virtually no AI to handle this yet. Warlock bots, for example, will cast Shadow Bolt only in this case. Forget about PvP or learn about Mangos and improve it. Personally I think that PvP is out of scope of Playerbot. And please be polite to community members. A little kindness goes a long way.

Cheers.

I believe the code on portal has checked out, with no nasty issues. If you disagree, please post me on this thread. If I haven't received any negative feedback in the next day, I will then merge the development branch portal with the main branch blueboy.

Hope this helps