[Fix][alt.patch from #66 post in [8237]] Mobs and AttackPower

Auntie Mangos

Hi guys, just wanted to share this up:

----

Before continue reading, please keep in mind that all these are approximate values and may vary, thanks!

With the diff from post #48 on MaNGOS rev 8151 + UDB 11.5 (380_corepatch and 381_corepatch + updates applied) without scriptdev2 and anything else i got these values with a warrior without any equipment:

10 lvl char vs 10 lvl mob: 8-12 dmg

20 lvl char in wailing caverns against 16-17 lvl elites: 30-35-40 dmg

30 lvl char in scarlet monastery vs 31-32 lvl elites: 60-65-70 dmg

40 lvl char in uldaman vs 37-38 lvl elite troggs(not casters): 70-80-85 dmg

50 lvl char in maraudon vs 51 lvl elite: 100-120 dmg

60 lvl char in onyxia's lair vs onyxian warder: 720-760 dmg + 2,2k fire nova :P

60 lvl char in onyxia's lair vs Onyxia: 1024-1150 dmg

---

Here I stopped, and put some gear, 3 parts from Warrior T2 (Battlegear of Wrath):

I have approx. 35% damage reduction and damage is: 800-850-900

Full T2, damage: 600-700

Full T2 + A shield (Immovable Obj): 450-500 dmg with 59,7% Damage Reduction and in Defensive stance.

Demo shout (rank 8) causes onyxia to hit the geared-up warrior for 420-480 or so.

I think damage calculation works good, if not perfect. After all when we put all the spells and abilities of the creatures all things go into place (my oppinion). I just want to say thanks to the people working on this patch. So... Thanks !! ^^

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I'm runnin' on Lynx3d's fix for a few days now and the only wrong thing encountered were few mobs with uber low damage, but that's plainly DB's fault (e.g. http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=18131 dealing 1-2 damage).

In conclusion: get raw values for your db from Seizer, apply Lynx3d's patch, and await/help with updates to the UDB (unit_classes and some mobs that are heavily off).

Yup I totally agree. I just came to post I've been testing normal mobs all day. I'm using the PSDB (obviously) and based on our DB values the creature damage is perfect. I came across the same results refractor did with normal/elite mobs. I how-ever, didn't modify my DB at all. Not saying it won't help, just stating I didn't use it and so far so good. So with just the change from Lynx3d, getting great results. Great work so far guys. B)

Greetings, I did some more testing last night and decided to apply the DB patch from Seizer's post (#45 in this thread), but eventually got "unknown column "mindamage" and "unknown column "maxdamage". However the first line appiled and casters in dungeons make a lot of physical damage, even outdamage their spells, I don't know if it must be that way, but the priests in sunwell plateau hit for 3,8k+ while the arcane guardians (can't remember exact NPC name right now, it's the first hostle mob you encounter in SWP) hits for 2k a good geared 70 warrior. Without the patch the casters hit for 300-500, but their spells hit hard, after all they aren't melee :P

Can somebody on retail confirm which is right (if there is any!) of this ?

...Use it at your own risk though :)

I personally wouldn't recommend running a query that effect an entire table.

Being someone who works on DBs daily I see what happens lol.

From the looks of the query, yes it might normalize damage, but individual values could be screwed up in places just as random as it is now.

W/o a db being correct in every corner, it's bound to happen.

Not saying the query's bad; simply stating, as before, all I did was modify my core compile with the change from Lynx

and it works great. B)

The goal is to use values in this post:

http://udbforums.org/index.php?topic=12856.0

Straight, so no modifications is needed, if you use the lynx's patch, use these values for test (Offcourse change dmg_multiplier if you test boss mobs and whatnot)

It is no use of testing the patch with any other values, as the original dmg_multiplier change was done so there would be no need to have 4000 mindmg etc, and have real use for blizzlike values.

And also offcourse, to have -ap +ap spells on mobs to work correctly.

I only ever thought of this wholistic approach coz there were places ingame where mob dmg was entirely off. Try OL instances, heroics espacially.

I imagined hundreds of mobs would have 'corrupted' data, so I figured no 'fix' will do but to re-write them all to achieve some kind of normalization.

But as I stated, it is a workaround, only done to save me constant player whining about OP mobs. Also, coz most other mobs felt too weak.

How do I apply Lynx3d's patch?

- I opened notepad

- Pasted the code (without the line numbers)

- Saved as Damage.patch

- Typed: git am src/bindings/ScriptDev2/patches/Damage.patch

Error message:

.cat: .dotest/next: No such file or directory

previous dotest directory .dotest still exists but mbox given.

I tried putting the patch file into the Mangos source root, but I got the same error.

well I saved Lynx3d's patch as dmg-fix.diff in the mangos source dir and then

patch -Np1 < dmg-fix.diff in a terminal.

It did the trick.

What's your OS ?

Windows.

I wanted to test it under windows quickly before Linux.

The "patch" command you used is an SVN command isn't it?

*Bump as well*

I don't mean to be annoying, but I agree. This really should be a priority.

I understand that there's tons and tons of work to be done.

But this fixes such a large playability issue. It's not a huge deal for me to change a couple lines every time

I compile a new one, but I think it's worth adding into the official code.

This is my progress:

Apply this to src (lynxeds patch)

diff --git a/src/game/StatSystem.cpp b/src/game/StatSystem.cpp
index 2e512c3..f215555 100644
--- a/src/game/StatSystem.cpp
+++ b/src/game/StatSystem.cpp
@@ -803,7 +803,9 @@ void Creature::UpdateDamagePhysical(WeaponAttackType attType)

UnitMods unitMod = UNIT_MOD_DAMAGE_MAINHAND;

-    float base_value  = GetModifierValue(unitMod, BASE_VALUE) + GetTotalAttackPowerValue(attType);
+   /* difference in AP between current attack power and base value from DB */
+   float att_pwr_change = GetTotalAttackPowerValue(attType) - GetCreatureInfo()->attackpower;
+   float base_value  = GetModifierValue(unitMod, BASE_VALUE) + (att_pwr_change * GetAPMultiplier(attType, false) / 14.0f);
    float base_pct    = GetModifierValue(unitMod, BASE_PCT);
    float total_value = GetModifierValue(unitMod, TOTAL_VALUE);
    float total_pct   = GetModifierValue(unitMod, TOTAL_PCT)

And then this to db:

http://paste2.org/p/332174

(You can use this on other db's other than udb aswell, but the result can vary..

)

Rank = 3 multiplier result's can be anything, that multiplier is for everyone to set themselves, but normal, and rank 1 / 2 mobs worked _really_ good with this patch.

Please test it quickly & tell if you find anything wrong if it

This is my progress:

And then this to db:

http://paste2.org/p/331917

(You can use this on other db's other than udb aswell, but the result can vary..

)

Rank = 3 multiplier result's can be anything, that multiplier is for everyone to set themselves, but normal, and rank 1 / 2 mobs worked _really_ good with this patch.

Please test it quickly & tell if you find anything wrong if it, if not i'l move this patch further..

are you sure that the query

UPDATE creature_template SET dmg_multiplier = 7.5 WHERE rank = 1 OR rank = 2 AND unit_class != 0;

should be like this and not like

UPDATE creature_template SET dmg_multiplier = 7.5 WHERE (rank = 1 OR rank = 2) AND unit_class != 0;

?