[fixed] Conflagrate bug

Auntie Mangos

• 39 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

mmm, i'll like to test it, so put the correct values here about your server....

like spell power, immolate dot dmg per tick and conflagrate dmg crit and not crit...i'll post how works in mine later, but i'll like to know if is a bug on the rev or what....

dont use curse of elements or any hability that will increase the base dmg of your spell, just use fel armor and hit target with no resilence, like mobs ^^ and post plz

-----

This is my test --> FEL ARMOR ONLY

Rev 8342

Spell power: 1714

Hiting this npc: http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=31228

with this spell: http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=17962

as full destruction warlock

did 7472 crit with conflagrate, 3700 no crit... i think is realy wrong cuz that spell power should do 6k crit max

you can see it here

so you think is not that easy?

come on ¬¬

edit: forget to post: immolate dot is arround 812, i dont remember exactly, with no res

I'm using Dr Dmg for calculating this spell. There are somethings that I can't explain.

First thing is the "base damage" that the addon shows in the spell icon when you don't have a target with an Immolate debuff. I put all my equip in the inventory to have 0 spell power and then this base damage disappeared.

Second is the "1.15" modifier of this spell. Isn't it supossed to don't have any modifier because all the mods are applied to Immolate dot?

Please check.

from my research i've found that conflag is doing aprox 10% more dmg (removed all talents that would modify conflag damage), including emberstorm 5/5 it does 25% more damage (talent gives +15%). I dont know where the extra damage comes from. Tried addin a 0.9 factor to the dmg but still doesnt match

• 2 weeks later...
the problem is that conflagrate gets double effects from damage increase auras, because of a double call of SpellBonusData

I noticed that too.

Say you have this basic build just to test Conflagrate damage: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#IZZVf0qMhuVo

The damage modifiers are Aftermath ( +6% ), Inproved Immolate ( +30% ) and Emberstorm ( +15% )

Immolate base damage is 785, and it's spell power coefficient is 100%

Then cast a Conflagrate over an Immolated target. The damage output would be:

( 785 + SPValue * 1 ) * 1.06 * 1.30 * 1.15 * 0.8

If you add to the mix some sort of damage modifying aura, like Curse of Elements ( +13% spell damage received ) the damage output should be:

( 785 + SPValue * 1 ) * 1.06 * 1.30 * 1.15 * 1.13 * 0.8

However the actual damage output is higher than that theoretical damage, since the buff is applied twice:

( 785 + SPValue * 1 ) * 1.06 * 1.30 * 1.15 * 1.13 * 1.13 * 0.8

This bug can potentially increase damage done by Conflagrate by a huge amount, since the buffs stack twice and are applied multiplicatively.

There's another issue with the damage calculation of Conflagrate, according to some tests that players have made here. The buffs, glyphs and talents that affect Immolate damage should stack additively, then apply the rest of them multiplicatively.

So the Conflagrate damage should be:

( 785 + SPValue * 1 ) * ( 1 + 0.06 (Aftermath) + 0.30 (Improved Immolate) + 0.10 (Immolate Glyhp) ) * 1.15 (Emberstorm) * (any other auras) * 0.8