Is it possible to add heroic support to a classic instance?

• 39 years later...

Hi,

I'm searching for a way to allow a heroic mode for classic instances to make them more attractive in the endgame.

Is something like that possible or are there any client side restrictions that won't allow it?

Btw, I want to use rev 6928 for 2.4.3 for this. Any ideas where should I start searching?

Thanks in advance. :)

I'm quite sure this is not possible. As it would require extensive knowledge of the DBC system WoW uses to make it happend, and as we know - It is not allowed to edit DBC files. So don't expect any help from Mangos with it.

edit; The only way you can reuse the Old Instances is clearing them for mobs and start spawning your own mobs, and thereby fabricating your own Instance.

Hi! :)

Thanks for all the answers. It indeed was possible and really simple.

If anyone also wants to do it:

Open the DBCStructure.h

Find:

bool SupportsHeroicMode() const { return resetTimeHeroic && !resetTimeRaid; }

Change it to:

bool SupportsHeroicMode() const { return IsCustomHeroic() || (resetTimeHeroic && !resetTimeRaid); }

Now add this somewhere above:

bool IsCustomHeroic() const
{
return MapID==33 || MapID==34 || MapID==35 || MapID==36 ||
   MapID==43 || MapID==44 || MapID==47 || MapID==48 ||
   MapID==70 || MapID==90 || MapID==109 || MapID==129 ||
   MapID==189 || MapID==209 || MapID==229 || MapID==230 ||
   MapID==329 || MapID==349 || MapID==389 || MapID==429;
   // A list of all Classic instances with exception of the old raids and pvp areas.
}

I know it's not really clean code... but it works for me as I want it to work. :)

I just tested it ~5 mins so I guarantee for nothing.

I entered a heroic Deadmines and added some heroic mobs into the database and it worked as intened.

I also tested Blackrockspire, Stockades and Stratholme...

You can remove heroic support for a classic map by deleting it's id from the IsCustomHeroic() function.

Please note that I used Mangos 0.12 6928 as I wanted to make a TBC server. I don't know if this will work with higher versions than 2.4.3 too.

Hi! :)

Thanks for all the answers. It indeed was possible and really simple.

If anyone also wants to do it:

Open the DBCStructure.h

Find:

bool SupportsHeroicMode() const { return resetTimeHeroic && !resetTimeRaid; }

Change it to:

bool SupportsHeroicMode() const { return IsCustomHeroic() || (resetTimeHeroic && !resetTimeRaid); }

Now add this somewhere above:

bool IsCustomHeroic() const
{
return MapID==33 || MapID==34 || MapID==35 || MapID==36 ||
   MapID==43 || MapID==44 || MapID==47 || MapID==48 ||
   MapID==70 || MapID==90 || MapID==109 || MapID==129 ||
   MapID==189 || MapID==209 || MapID==229 || MapID==230 ||
   MapID==329 || MapID==349 || MapID==389 || MapID==429;
   // A list of all Classic instances with exception of the old raids and pvp areas.
}

I know it's not really clean code... but it works for me as I want it to work. :)

I just tested it ~5 mins so I guarantee for nothing.

I entered a heroic Deadmines and added some heroic mobs into the database and it worked as intened.

I also tested Blackrockspire, Stockades and Stratholme...

You can remove heroic support for a classic map by deleting it's id from the IsCustomHeroic() function.

Please note that I used Mangos 0.12 6928 as I wanted to make a TBC server. I don't know if this will work with higher versions than 2.4.3 too.

See? It's entirely possible.