Client Verification

Guest MasterG

I've been using MaNGOS for awhile, and so far I've only ever managed minor updates to the code. This is no different.

I'm currently trying to make a build that will support a client version that none of the branches can currently, and so far it's gone really well. Despite my very limited C++ knowledge, I've managed to update MaNGOS so that it builds, loads and runs from the data from this client build, I've then changed the expected client version, and to me that seems like all I have to do... With the exception of configuring the client, which I've done to the previous way which I had done with the last build of MaNGOS I had run. (Both cases are the same expansion, so it's not a realmlist issue.. I don't think.)

So, I go to log in. My Realmd pops up a message telling me Administrator is trying to connect; this is correct.

Yet, that's -all- the Realmd pops up, yet the client gives me the "REALM_AUTH_WRONG_BUILD_NUMBER" error. I don't see that in the Realmd console, which makes me think it's a client issue (I see in the source when the realmd issues that error, it also logs a messaage to the console.)

I'm at a loss as to where this error is coming from.. Have I misconfigured the client, or is there another authentication section I've missed?

(I figured this was the right section, as I'd like to try and program the solution myself, rather than just have the answer given to me.. But please forgive me if it still falls under General help.)

AuthCodes.h (I think) has this line in it...

#define EXPECTED_MANGOS_CLIENT_BUILD        {Blah, 0}

What client number are you trying to use? If you're trying 3.2 it'd be...

#define EXPECTED_MANGOS_CLIENT_BUILD        {10192, 0}

but you'd have to revert some of the latest commits that made it 3.2.2 I can't check which ones right now cus githubs not up atm.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use