[HELP] allow "saying" while dead

Guest Drako

hi,

like you all know... when you are dead you cannot say anything.

that is a problem, if you are GM and not in a group nor in a guild.... and you die.

in this case you can't revive yourself.

so my question is: what will I have to modify, to enale talking while you are dead,

specifically for special players like GMs.

it would be nice, if you could give me a filename or the name of a method I should look for.

regards

Drako

I think you can't do anything about it

My guess is that the client doesn't even send the message/s (say, yell, emote) to the server while you're dead.

But /g and /p are always sent to the server so they are the only way to parse commands while you're dead

I'm just guessing because there is no isAlive() check or something similiar in WorldSession::HandleMessagechatOpcode. Don't blame me if it's wrong

I have a macro set to use "/g .revive" and it works every time without fail but it would be nice if the core would allow for those with the right security level to chat whether they're dead or alive.

It would require some trapping of commands, so you don't accidentally teleport your ghost or cast a spell that's not allowed by the client if you're dead.

I don't have any misgivings about using guild chat for commands since my personal rule is to have my GM character be neutral and not join any guilds.

Thanks for providing that information, TOM_RUS. It's always a pleasure to see the MaNGOS devs taking part in the discussions and offers reassurance you're not actually hard-wired into your compiler or chained to a workstation! :lol:

At least guild chat and party chat still works when you're character is dead. It's easy to forget that even MaNGOS has its limits. You guys have done a very good job with all the features. ^_^

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use