[Help] Stats On Higher Levels?

Guest yasuno

Hello everyone im new to MaNGOS and im on a tad bit of short time i love Mangos, just never had the time to learn it been on Aspire and ArcEmu for a while and now i just cant stand them any more between Aspire dying off, and ArcEmu doing nothing but crashing i think ive had enough :lol:

Any who sorry for the spill im looking over some things and i see they set the config limit for cutom level to 100, is there a way to change this to 254 as this is what our current fun realm is. Actually i know there is a way im just not sure where to change it at since the files are completely different from Ascent based Emu's

Also another question the stats only generate up to 80 regardless, where do i look to change this to go all the way up to my custom level (In First Question) Has someone already done this patch by any chance if not where do i look to change it.

Thanks, i hope someone answers at least one of my questions. >.<

If this is in the wrong section sorry..

when i remember right, the limitation to 100 has been done because a value > 100 crashes the client sometimes. but there's a define somewhere (just check the code from the .levelup command (should be in Level1.cpp, Level2.cpp or Level3.cpp)) in the code which sets that.

for the stats, there's a table in the 'mangos' db, should be something with 'stats' in the name. i'm sure you'll find it.

I have found the stats table thanks! (Man its going to take a while to fill out D:)

But anyways i looked in all those files + some other ones and found enum's and thinks linking to where ever its at but i cant find the actual file that has the limit in it.. =[

Are you sure you dont know where its at, in level3.cpp there is the level up command but it uses a enum in place of a actual code limit MAX_LEVEL or something like that and the comment says the max level hard coded into the core but i dont know where its actually at. >:o!

No not really, the only thing that breaks via client side that is noticeable is the barber shop chair, and druid character stats everything else is manageable and i have been doing it a while.

I understand this is a blizz like core, and things may explode but im willing to take the risk for development purposes, so if someone could please tell me where i should look for the code, instead of warning me ill be greatly appreciative. :P

No not really, the only thing that breaks via client side that is noticeable is the barber shop chair, and druid character stats everything else is manageable and i have been doing it a while.

I understand this is a blizz like core, and things may explode but im willing to take the risk for development purposes, so if someone could please tell me where i should look for the code, instead of warning me ill be greatly appreciative. :P

well.. you found the MAX_LEVEL thing.... just find it's definition. in visual studio you can do that with a simple right klick on it and then select 'show definiton' (or something like that, can't remember exactly)

• 4 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use