DK Diseases

Guest Sumilion

First of all, I'm very new here so bear with me =p

I was trying to fix the AP bonus in the diseases from Death Knights. Someone on this forum posted a fix for in SpellAuras.cpp, and it worked, but I was trying to fix it in the database now, instead of in the SpellAuras.cpp (seemed hacky?).

I got very little knowledge of what/how/why spell info is stored in the DB, therefore the bear with me part ;)

I wanted to edit the Frost Fever and Blood Plague ID so that it has a 0.055 AP coef bonus but doing simply this :

DELETE FROM `spell_bonus_data` WHERE entry IN (55095, 55078);
INSERT INTO `spell_bonus_data`(`entry`, `direct_bonus`, `dot_bonus`, `ap_bonus`, `comments`) VALUES
(55095, 0, 0, 0.055, "Death Knight - Frost Fever"),
(55078, 0, 0, 0.055, "Death Knight - Frost Fever");

Didn't give me the right effect (had no effect at all it seemed). This however :

INSERT INTO `spell_bonus_data`(`entry`, `direct_bonus`, `dot_bonus`, `ap_bonus`, `comments`) VALUES
(55095, 0, 1.0, 0.055, "Death Knight - Frost Fever"),
(55078, 0, 1.0, 0.055, "Death Knight - Frost Fever");

worked much better. Why that is, I'm not sure, some explanation would be nice :). It seems to me however that it takes the base damage (the damage the diseases did without me editing anything) + the AP bonus, but since 3.2.0 (or somewhere around 3.2.0) they changed the formula. It no longer has a base damage, instead the damage is increased by 15% so the damage becomes AP * 0.055 * 1.15. Any idea how I can put this in the database to work properly ? I'm kinda clueless for now.

Any additional info on the subject, never hurts ;) as I said I'm pretty new and want to learn.

Yeah this is good but TYPO :

INSERT INTO spell_bonus_data

(`entry`, `direct_bonus`, `dot_bonus`, `ap_bonus`, `comments`)

VALUES

(55078, 0, 1.0, 0.055, 'Death Knight - Blood Plague Dummy Proc'),

(55095, 0, 1.0, 0.055, 'Death Knight - Frost Fever');

Yeah this is good but TYPO :

I see.. why the Dummy Proc though? What does Dummy Proc even mean I never got that.

Anyway if I use that it will still take in the base amount from pre 3.2.0. It should just be AP * 0.055 * 1.15 without any base damage. (the formula used to be AP * 0.055 + BaseDmg)

Any suggestions ?

I don't really know, this is just a proc from another spell, but I understand why it's not 0.055*1.15 * AP = 0.06325 * AP but it looks good with these values.

idk what the general notation for those formulas are but if I'd have a say in it I'd say let it stay 0.055*1.15 * AP. This way you know where the multipliers are coming from.

Anyone got a tip on getting the real formula (0.055*1.15 * AP) to work without putting it in SpellAuras.cpp ? Or is that the only option.

• 6 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use