Is It Possible To Keep Creatures Updating Even They Are Far Way From Players

Guest megamage

I do not know well about the grids. But I know if a creatures is too far away from a player, it will stop update(diff). This is not good for coding creature AI. Is there a way to make a creature always update? Or can we put a "virtual player" somewhere to make the creatures arond it keep updating?

No, not solve nad this is _not_ problem. You suggest solve problem with non-proper way AI update in far distances. If implement in your way then server will update creatures in _all_ world and this slowdown a lot of server work and may idea grid system useless. For creatures that must "active" in idle grids need only kown when it will be with time run (with very limited pressition) and AI must re0sync at enter to active grid and not do anything in idle grids.

Maybe something like:

- last update before going inactive (where 'evade mode' could be activated -> I think that is problem you want to solve: inactive mobs keeping threat on player, thus endless combat mode)

- first update on inactive mobs going active

?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use