ACE Netcode 5.7.5 rev.88569

Guest NetSky

does not build on mangos 9310 VC++2008 with SDK 6.0a win32 XP

first it is asking for config.h, when renamed config_win32.h to config.h asked for another header files.

let me guess you deleted config.h because you tried to compile @ nix first and then took same sources for win compile? you need the original config.h containing " #include "ace/config-win32.h" "

but i got needed config.h included.... try with that again and do not delete if you compile at windows.

anyways i will take a look at it tonight because we realized there is some problem in creating ACE.pc with some dist. - sry for that should be soon fixed

fixed possible crashes at unexpected connection drop/loss.

unix builds tested and working - you need to delete evil windows ACE_wrappers/ace/config.h before compile.

Win project files updated - build not tested and i am not willing to do because i think Windows is not worth it to be called OS and i will never use it - but i expect there must be changes done in main initialization - as i remember this is done in /share/ServiceWin32.* .

http://filebeam.com/6f5e8b54699cad89008fc98e799ffbe7

i forgot to mention use #define USE_STANDARD_MALLOC in MemoryManagement.cpp to disable TBB Alloc because this outdated version shipped with mangos will definitively cause problems/conflicts.

anyways i would appreciate it a lot if this could be tested with each combination : current tbb mangos version / up-to-date tbb (look at intels' hp) or without tbb using system mem alloc.

Thyros : simply create a file config.h

then add following : #include "config-win32.h" - done. if you plan to use additional features you got to declare there - but this is not needed.

it's easy for windows users.... I just managed to compile fine with ACE5.7.6. Just did

1.) download the zip file from http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/previous_versions/ACE-5.7.6.zip

2.) unzip the ace_wrappers into the %DRIVE%:/%MANGOS FOLDER%/dep folder overwritting the one that is there

3.) make a file called config.h with just #include "config-win32.h" in /ace_wrappers/ace

4.) compile

it's easy for windows users.... I just managed to compile fine with ACE5.7.6. Just did

1.) download the zip file from http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/previous_versions/ACE-5.7.6.zip

2.) unzip the ace_wrappers into the %DRIVE%:/%MANGOS FOLDER%/dep folder overwritting the one that is there

3.) make a file called config.h with just #include "config-win32.h" in /ace_wrappers/ace

4.) compile

Except then you end up with over 100MB of stuff in your source code that you don't need.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use