Broken xp

• 40 years later...

ok I've fixed my mangos server to have the level cap of 255 but for some reason mobs stop giving xp at level 100.

I have edited and added the xp needed to level all the way to level 255 in the player_xp_for_level but it will not give xp still.

what do i need to do so that players can get the xp all the way to level 255?

I have made custom monsters that go all the way up to 255 on a custom leveling road and they all give xp to players under level 100 but then when players hit level 100 hits it is stopped.

yes the .level command does make players level 255 with no issues so the cap works just not the flow of xp.

in mangos core files open dbcenums.h change 80 to 255

// Client expected level limitation, like as used in DBC item max levels for "until max player level"

// use as default max player level, must be fit max level for used client

// also see MAX_LEVEL and STRONG_MAX_LEVEL define

#define DEFAULT_MAX_LEVEL 80

// client supported max level for player/pets/etc. Avoid overflow or client stability affected.

// also see GT_MAX_LEVEL define

#define MAX_LEVEL 80

// Server side limitation. Base at used code requirements.

// also see MAX_LEVEL and GT_MAX_LEVEL define

#define STRONG_MAX_LEVEL 80

in mangos conf max player leve lset to 255

add 255 player levelstats , classlevelstats and petlevelstats

ofc atm with 3.3.0 core the bug is that you cant see the xp bar but you can level and get xp so its no problem

if anyone want i can post 255 levelstats and 255 xp gaining to...

I would like that information very much, siim. My GMs are level 100 and I would want their stats, talent points, and the rest to properly match their level.

I know...some of you might say "What's the point if they're GMs?". On my server, it's a perk to allow them to play as regular characters when they don't have GM mode active, sort of a way of saying "thank you" for the work they do. Since I know where they live (being my nephews), they don't dare abuse the privilege! lol

in mangos core files open dbcenums.h change 80 to 255

// Client expected level limitation, like as used in DBC item max levels for "until max player level"

// use as default max player level, must be fit max level for used client

// also see MAX_LEVEL and STRONG_MAX_LEVEL define

#define DEFAULT_MAX_LEVEL 80

// client supported max level for player/pets/etc. Avoid overflow or client stability affected.

// also see GT_MAX_LEVEL define

#define MAX_LEVEL 80

// Server side limitation. Base at used code requirements.

// also see MAX_LEVEL and GT_MAX_LEVEL define

#define STRONG_MAX_LEVEL 80

in mangos conf max player leve lset to 255

add 255 player levelstats , classlevelstats and petlevelstats

ofc atm with 3.3.0 core the bug is that you cant see the xp bar but you can level and get xp so its no problem

if anyone want i can post 255 levelstats and 255 xp gaining to...

thats to change level cap right?

cause my level cap is changed to 255 already and the .level command does make players level 255 with no crashes or issues my problem is that the xp doesn't keep flowing so that normal players get to 255 on their own. does this code fix the xp issue as well or just the cap?

there arent any xp issue you need to excute player_xp up to 255 what i posted and its allright then just you dont see the xp bar but you will level

player_xp_for_level does go all the way to level 255 the issue is that all xp stops at level 100.

i'm aware that the xp bar vanishes but AoE power leveling a person to 100 with levels every 5 pulls and then all of a sudden 300 pulls and no level means that all the xp has stopped. we tested it multiple times pulling level 200+ mobs for power leveling purposes and NO ONE gets xp over 100 at all.