Any way to see ALL factions, un-check the "at war" flag for cross-faction quests?

Guest lawemma

Hi all,

Is there currently any way to see the reputation bars for the core enemy factions? I want to take alliance characters through the Horde cities and do Horde quests (and vice versa), and while I can modify my characters' reputation for each city so they don't attack, I still cannot interact with them because I have no way to un-check the "at war" flag on their rep bar because those reputations will not show up in my reputation window, even at Exalted.

Can somebody please make a core modification or come out with a patch to allow this? I'm surprised that this sort of thing wasn't introduced a long time ago just for the novelty and fun of taking a Human to Horde lands or an Orc to Alliance lands for questing and levelling up. I'd do it myself if I had any idea how to program.

Is there currently any way to disable the "at war" flag by Mangos command? Or any other workaround?

Thanks!

I think it's partially limited on the client, you can make the server have the At War of but I think it would still show in the client. This might need DBC or client hacks and those are not allowed to be discussed here.

I've seen other EMUs do it. I think Ascent or maybe ArcEmu had some way that you could do it because I remember doing Horde quests with an Alliance character on them before. I didn't have to do anything with the client so I'm hopeful that it's possible with Mangos too.

How do you make the server have the At War flag off? Is there a command or debug option to do it?

Thanks for the replies.

I had tested the idea of trying to have a member of a race from the opposite team react like a member of the other team (e.g. a human with an orc's reputation). The orcs didn't attack my human, but the reputation showed as being hated and at war. The visible reputations showed like the human was an orc, just hated. The PvP symbol for the human was showing as Horde when viewed from someone else, but at human client it appeared to be Alliance.

I stopped at that point because I wasn't familiar with the section of code that controls that. It appeared to be client side though. I was storing the race faction in the db instead of retrieving it from the race, then the team from the faction. It would be interesting having traitors, maybe useless, but interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use