[WIP] Launcher with update feature.

Guest xeross155

Hey Everyone,

I am currently working on a launcher written in C# (Might rewrite in C++ in a distant future). So far I've gotten most features working but I'm going to rewrite it completely because I don't like the way I've written it now.

Features

• * Updating, checks the client version and downloads/executes updates accordingly (Up to whatever version you configure) - Done
    * Self updating, can update itself if there have been any changes - Not Started
    * Shows server status after it's done patching etc - Done
    * Shows twitter or other feed in the center - Not Started

Screenshot

1z6e906.jpg

Tell me what you guys think of it, and if you have any feature suggestions I'd love to hear em.

Regards, Xeross

Source

http://www.mediafire.com/?ksu36nitt5c7naf

Shows twitter or other feed in the center - Not Started

By this do you mean being able to configure your utility to post news from Twitter, MySpace, etc., or your own News And Updates http server, if one has such a feature for their server's community?

A suggestion would be to have it "skinnable" so people could create their own look for the utility, such as using TBC graphics if they're running a 2.43 server.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

[ Work in progress - C# ]

Into my project "WoW Launcher"... I have think to integrate an anti-hack system in this way i can check if the player uses hack without error (it checks running processes).

1. Launcher -> connect()

2. Various checks

3. Server -> send()

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[ Loop ]

4. Launcher checks periodically the running processes (warden logic)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[ Loop ]

5. Hack found -> send message

6. Server -> SOAP [kick / ban]

[ Work in progress - C# ]

Into my project "WoW Launcher"... I have think to integrate an anti-hack system in this way i can check if the player uses hack without error (it checks running processes).

1. Launcher -> connect()

2. Various checks

3. Server -> send()

4. Launcher checks periodically the running processes (warden logic)

5. Hack found -> send message

6. Server -> SOAP [kick / ban]

Very Nice... Want to see soon!

• 5 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use