[10052][patch] Camera system

Auntie Mangos

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
What happens with memory / cpu usage with this patch?

The point of this patch isn't to change memory/CPU usage but how the client interacts with the objects (players/creatures) on the server.

I would imagine it would be about the same, maybe a slight increase due to the overhead of the cameras.

• 3 weeks later...

@SilverIce I can see u r still updating ur branch but u r not releasing diffs anymore.

I am so noob in these git stuff but, well, I was trying to create the diff by my self using the steps gave in the vehicles topic and changing names to camera:

git clone git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git

cd mangos

git checkout -b camera

git pull http://github.com/SilverIce/mangos.git camera

git diff -p master camera > camera.patch

but it does not works...

when I try git pull http://github.com/SilverIce/mangos.git camera it says:

error: pick-rref: refs/heads/camera not found

No such ref refs/heads/camera at http://github.com/SilverIce/mangos.git

is there any other way to create a diff from SilverIce branch to main mangos branch??

thank you all in advance!

silverice is there any way you can think of to merge this patch with the vehicles patch? they both use a part of player.cpp and player.h that I am not sure are compatible... been working on it for a few hrs now.. if this current build test doesnt work I am stumped though

silverice , may i request a repo update please ? im getting conflicts with mmaps and other addons

Sure. branch updated

There is one question to players on official servers:

Does your player became invisible for you(like other nearby objects), when eye of acherus or priest's Mind Vision spell target(or another viewpoint) placed too far from your player?

Welcome back, kaxias! I used to use nearly all of the branches in your repo for my patches, since you were very good about keeping them up to date with MaNGOS master. I hope you will do so again.

As to why there's a conflict between SilverIce's camera patch and Vehicles, I can only say most of that blame would be due to the fact that both projects are unrelated. Perhaps once one or the other makes it into the core, then there will be incentive to make compatible code. As it stands now, the Vehicle devs are more concerned with just getting vehicles working correctly. I can only assume then they will consider camera issues, once everything else is fixed.

Welcome back, kaxias! I used to use nearly all of the branches in your repo for my patches, since you were very good about keeping them up to date with MaNGOS master. I hope you will do so again.

Thank you for using my RIPO, and must have acid is useful to you!