[BUG] "spell_bonus_data" table and spells like Devouring Plague

Guest j4r0d

Hi all,

I've noticed that there are some problems in spell_bonus_data table, i maked some tests with spell Devouring Plague http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=2944

This spell have a dot that provide to damage the target and so heal the caster for 15% of damage dealt... now if we try to forcing damage from spell_bonus_data in dot_bonus, the spell damage work fine, but not correctly, because this also gives bonus to heal, so casters can receive an high amount of healing instead of only 15% of damage dealt.

So i was thinking that this problem can be fixed adding a new one column to spell_bonus_data, like "hot_bonus", in this way hot and dot can work clean and separately and spells like Devouring Plague can finally works perfectly :)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

John

I think it should, for example the warlock and his armor that increase healing recieve(change in 3.3), it increase leech heal.

warlock armor is different - it has SPELL_AURA_MOD_HEALING_PCT and it is used on all healing spells regardless of their damageClass or type

We have to way to resolve this matter, either we chose to increase leech heal with the heal bonus (and heal aura too) either increased leech effect with the magic school the spell used (i think for this spell it's a better way). But it's only guesses trying toget involved :)

• 5 weeks later...

The healing part should be affected by other auras (like Drain Life with Demon Armor).

It should not benefit from the spellpower in the spell_bonus_data so we should skip it calling Unit::SpellHealingBonusTaken where it checks for damagetype. We could try this patch

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use