Custom Battleground

Guest edoz

hi guys, you probably know that blissard made a map for a BG called azshara crater but never implemented the battleground system for that map.

Now, what i want to know is if it's possible to make a working custom bg in that map. For example, to start with easy code, is it possible to make it work exactly as warsong gluch does? HW2 told me that the client sends opcodes that are specific to each official battleground so a custom bg could never work, what do you say?

i think that if you want to "reproduce" warsong with all gameplay characteristic ... you can't do it in azshara ( i think ) with <MaNGOS Project> ...'coz client opcodes that will show you points and flags are restricted and clients do some checks on the map....

but if you want create a custom battleground with your pretty scripts , just play with the source :) ! nothing is impossible.

I don't think there is a problem, never heard of the opcodes, but there are of course the world states on the map which wouldn't work in AC (there is no map) but I think that for the most part, it is entirely possible. Your routes are either ScriptDev2 or the core battleground system. Either one would work well, SD2 provides something easier to work with but the core system integrates better into the server.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use