MMaps Redux

Guest auntieMangos

* mesh type (ground, water, lava, etc)

Data would need to be pulled from maps or maybe the WMOs.

There should also have a SQL applying to creature which allow them to walk through some mesh type. i.e The naga are able to breath underwater.

I think this will affect the pathfinding because all creature shouldn't be able to reach you walking on lava.

A blizzlike experiment would be good.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There should also have a SQL applying to creature which allow them to walk through some mesh type

There is already inhabit type somewhere (DBC or SQL DB?), which keeps creatures from entering water if they can't swim, etc. Getting the navmesh to contain the terrain info is the part we don't know.

i always get 0 starting points found even when I do one that's labeled as a start point in the xls file :/

I haven't done any of the map generation, so someone will have to correct me if I'm wrong: You need to specify coordinates for the first mmap as a command line argument - read the readme.rtf.

That being said, I'm hoping to redo the generator. Recast doesn't need coordinates to generate a navmesh, it just needs the map mesh.

I may be putting my foot in my mouth here, but I think it's possible to get the map mesh data from the vmap without needing the start/end positions.

edit: No, don't need start/end coords. Gotisch had taken care of that.

Neither of these files are necessary. It will build and function happily without them. I have already done so.

Took me a while to sort through this, but you speak truth. When I add it to my repo, it won't contain any of the code left over from the mmap project Derex started. It will be just the recast/detour parts.

I just pushed the generator to my repo.

• * I made a few minor code changes

1. * mmap.conf is simpler, and has documentation
    * a smidge of compile fixes (VS90 and earlier don't come with a stdint.h)
    * some code cleanup (more needed)

* I cut out a lot of the things that were left over from the previous mmap project

There's plenty left though, just need some time to figure out what is safe to delete

* removed some things from the make configs - need linux testers

* need VS80 and VS100 solutions (accidentally wiped the VS80 stuff out, oops!)

Updated first post with directions.

[quote name=faramir118;111660

To use the generator:

* edit mmap.conf' date=' then put it with your generator binary

* from command line, do generator m x y

where M is map number, and X and Y are grid coords (can get this info from .gps command ingame)

When I using this:

having error: No models - check your mmap.datadir in your config.

In the config file:

mmap.datadir="D:\\Mangos server\\Core"
mmap.makeobjfile=true

Generator.exe, mmap.conf ,dbc, maps, vmaps were located at the same datadir ("D:\\Mangos server\\Core). Maybe something wrong?

How to create .obj files for RecastDemo?

When I using this:

In the config file:

mmap.datadir="D:\\Mangos server\\Core"
mmap.makeobjfile=true

Generator.exe, mmap.conf ,dbc, maps, vmaps were located at the same datadir ("D:\\Mangos server\\Core). Maybe something wrong?

How to create .obj files for RecastDemo?

Then either it can't find the data, or you are putting in bad co-ordinates.

To create the object files you need to edit the source for the generator. There was information posted on how to do this by Gotisch in the old thread.

Got a compile warning and error with Debian Lenny x64 and gcc (Debian 4.3.2-1.1) 4.3.2

http://paste2.org/p/778552

Hmm, that's ugly. I'll look at it.

try generator 0 48 33

To create the object files you need to edit the source for the generator. There was information posted on how to do this by Gotisch in the old thread.

Not anymore! I changed it so you can just put true or false in the config. The obj file goes to the same location as the mmaps if the setting is true.

@faramir118: Thanks, I'm compiling, but you forgot to add theses lines to configure.ac: manual patch for configure.ac

src/shared/vmap/Makefile
+   src/shared/pathfinding/Makefile
+   src/shared/pathfinding/Detour/Makefile
+   src/shared/pathfinding/Recast/Makefile
  src/shared/SystemConfig.h

Btw. Thanks for your work, I highly appreciate it =-)

Regards

Skir.

it is possible to make a bat file for generate the maps?

It's possible, but I don't think it's worth the time it would take to process all of the maps:

The recast parameters need some tweaking - you'll run into issues where NPC don't 'fit' through doors, or a hill is too steep for them, etc

The generator also crashes on certain maps. Looking into it.

manual patch for configure.ac

Thanks, I'll push that in a bit.

is this working with whole world of wacraft ?

Only if you generate all of the mmaps yourself. Read above why I think it's a waste of time.

This is a development-oriented thread, not a how-to. If all you want is to try it out, and the directions below aren't working for you, please don't make 'how do I make it work?' posts.

Faramir was clear about that.

Try it or try not but don't ask if X will be compatbile with Y.

i was bored so i actually got every map file split into map Id, X, and Y

http://paste2.org/p/790381

cope and paste the whole thing into a file called convert.txt and place it in the same folder as your generator.exe

you can run a simple command in the git bash (it has to be git bash since windows doesn't have a read command) to convert EVERY map. It'll take a long ass time though.

while read -d ";" line; do generator $line; done <convert.txt

this should work on linux also since the read command is actually part of linux

I've done a little bit of work towards using a tiled navmesh, but not much.

I've been busy with work, and most of my mangos coding at the moment are going towards vmap rewrite - figured that because mmaps relies on vmap data, I'd better see what's changing and expedite that if I could ;)

Good job, caeruleaus! :D

I have a spare PC laying around. Been thinking of installing Debian as its OS. Maybe I could just let it run that script around the clock for however many days it takes to get all the maps converted.

Or would that be a pointless waste if mmap will be further updated with code taken from the new vmaps project?