[patch][6514] For Spell 29200 // Purify Helboar Meat

Guest Edder

What does this patch fix?

It fixes the spell 29200

Tested with rev.?

rev. 6471

It's a very small patch for the spell 29200 which is used by this item Purification Mixture (23268)...

After you use the item, you dont cast spell 29277 or 29278, to create one the two items.

here's the patch:

Index: SpellEffects.cpp
===================================================================
--- SpellEffects.cpp        (revision 6471)
+++ SpellEffects.cpp        (working copy)
@@ -917,7 +917,7 @@
                                }
                                case 29200:                                                                 // Purify Helboar Meat
                                {
-                                        if( !itemTarget || m_caster->GetTypeId() != TYPEID_PLAYER )
+                                        if( m_caster->GetTypeId() != TYPEID_PLAYER )
                                                return;

uint32 spell_id = roll_chance_i(50) ? 29277 : 29278;

it's very simple and I dont know whether I forget something because it's my first patch...

I test it and it works, but if somebody found a mistake, pls tell me :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Maybe i`m wrong, if this the correct thread for this, but i got strange behaviour with this quest.

You need at least two source items, to transform to one target item. One Source item will still remain in inventory. If you have only one src item in inventory the message "requires source item" will be displayed.

Maybe this has something to do with the sequence the spells are cast.

Anyhow this happens in at least one more cases, so maybe this is a general problem?

Regards warrior

Maybe i`m wrong, if this the correct thread for this, but i got strange behaviour with this quest.

You need at least two source items, to transform to one target item. One Source item will still remain in inventory. If you have only one src item in inventory the message "requires source item" will be displayed.

Maybe this has something to do with the sequence the spells are cast.

Anyhow this happens in at least one more cases, so maybe this is a general problem?

Regards warrior

Yes it is. On 0.12 branch (donno the revision) if you have just one reagent in inventory and you use mixture - reagent just will disappear BUT if it works correctly we should get either required meat or toxic meat, which happens only when we have TWO or more reagents in inventory. I'm also know the analogic quest http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=5206 where Fetid Skulls http://www.wowhead.com/?item=13157 required for creating resonating skulls, and again you need two of them or more or reagents just go waste without creating even grey trash item (there is 50% chance of creating gray item or quest item when the spell works correctly). The more funny thing is players can't complete quest because youll never have two of them in the end to create the final item - Fetid Skulls just stop dropping.

Yes it is. On 0.12 branch (donno the revision) if you have just one reagent in inventory and you use mixture - reagent just will disappear BUT if it works correctly we should get either required meat or toxic meat, which happens only when we have TWO or more reagents in inventory. I'm also know the analogic quest http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=5206 where Fetid Skulls http://www.wowhead.com/?item=13157 required for creating resonating skulls, and again you need two of them or more or reagents just go waste without creating even grey trash item (there is 50% chance of creating gray item or quest item when the spell works correctly). The more funny thing is players can't complete quest because youll never have two of them in the end to create the final item - Fetid Skulls just stop dropping.

Thx Ambient,

i was looking for this Quest as well, as run into the same trouble. AND this happens on master branch also.

Regards warrior

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use