[patch] Race/Faction change

Auntie Mangos

I finished my dev on Race/Faction change. Now patch can be gave there

Subject : You can now change your race or faction like you can customize your character

Written by : Me (Ner'zhul)

Dev link : http://getmangos.eu/community/showthread.php?13818-dev-Faction-race-change-%28full-core-side%29&p=113879#post113879

Patch file : http://paste2.org/p/822971

Don't hesistate to thanks me :P

How it works ?

Simply add entries into database for faction change, example : tank druid chest t9 for alliance into alliance_id on player_changefaction_items and tank druid chest t9 for horde into horde_id

then when a player switch faction the item will be converted

Warning ! I've change patch now because table name in sources is wrong :P

• 40 years later...
I agree with Voldemmort. Unless one of the database groups has already put in support for this, I consider this patch incomplete without the correct queries to update the tables.

Usually the tables are put in place before the database supports it; for example, the DB gossip system.

In any case, I think this is probably the correct way of implementing it. Maybe it could use some clean-up though.

MaNGOS does not supply a full, playable database, but they do establish the templates the DB groups use for adding the data.

That's why I said it needed a bit more work, unless you consider it done and expect the MaNGOS devs to correct the table data.

• 3 weeks later...

Race change working OK. But faction change, at least on my server, isn't working.

Explanation:

Icon appears next to the name.

Do changes and bla bla bla.

Press Accept and noting happens to the character.

Any idea why is this happening?

Oh, also take a look at this http://paste2.org/p/864377 . I used that way to change fly routes in my SQL method, maybe could help.

Thx for the work anyways.

P.D.: Sorry my bad english, I'm spanish.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi !

Nice patch, it works perfectly.. But you don't cover all case :

Some quest is only for one faction and it isn't marked in the db.

The proper solution should be to look all characters' quest and look all creature_questrelation for see if the faction is friendly or not. (do you understand what i mean?)

Thanks (:

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I'm trying to update this patch to latest rev, but I need some help with a compile error.

I have in CharacterHandler.cpp this:

Player::LeaveAllArenaTeams(GUID_LOPART(guid));

But it is showing me this error:

..\\..\\src\\game\\CharacterHandler.cpp(1225) : error C2248: 'ObjectGuid::ObjectGuid'

Someone have any idea how to fix this compile error?

I have done this and it appear to work.

Player::LeaveAllArenaTeams(guid);

What do you think?

• 3 months later...

+               // Item conversion
+               if(QueryResult *result2 = WorldDatabase.Query("SELECT alliance_id, horde_id FROM player_factionchange_items"))
+               {
+                       do
+                       {
+                               Field *fields2 = result2->Fetch();
+                               uint32 item_alliance = fields2[0].GetUInt32();
+                               uint32 item_horde = fields2[1].GetUInt32();
+                               CharacterDatabase.PExecute("UPDATE `character_inventory` set item = '%u' where item = '%u' AND guid = '%u'",
+                                       team == BG_TEAM_ALLIANCE ? item_alliance : item_horde, team == BG_TEAM_ALLIANCE ? item_horde : item_alliance, guid);
+
+                               CharacterDatabase.PExecute("UPDATE `item_instance` SET `data`=CONCAT(CAST(SUBSTRING_INDEX(`data`, ' ', 3) AS CHAR), ' ', '%u', ' ',     CAST(SUBSTRING_INDEX(`data`, ' ', (3-64))AS CHAR)) WHERE CAST(SUBSTRING_INDEX(SUBSTRING_INDEX(`data`, ' ', 4), ' ', '-1') AS UNSIGNED) = '%u' AND owner_guid = '%u'",
+                                               team == BG_TEAM_ALLIANCE ? item_alliance : item_horde, team == BG_TEAM_ALLIANCE ? item_horde : item_alliance, GUID_LOPART(guid));
+                       }
+                       while( result2->NextRow() );
+               }

CharacterDatabase.PExecute("UPDATE `character_inventory` set item = '%u' where item = '%u' AND guid = '%u'",

i guess here must be

set item_template ... where item_template ...

• 3 months later...

Look, MaNGOS as i see it provide some SQL data, for example this should convert medallions from horde to alliance, and rep, quests etc... and i think MaNGOS should provide that data, else the system is fully broken... So why dont you just submit what you have added in the sql's

- LilleCarl