Arena / BG Bots

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I was trying to compile this repo and it seemed to proceed fine; but then I encountered this error in the server log when trying to run mangosd.exe:

"ERROR:Error in creature_template table, probably sql file format was updated (there should be 90 fields in sql)."

I have never had this kind of error before. I am using UDB and have run all the SQL updates that I can determine would be necessary. Looking into this further, I found that creature_template has 84 fields in every version of the database I have come across. What could I be missing? Are there some other SQL updates that are included with this repo that I am overlooking? I checked the sql/updates folder and such and added what is necessary based on the mangos version. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Thank you, that helped a lot. Now, I am able to get mangosd.exe to run and I can log in to the game with the client. Now I have what may seem like a silly question: are there supposed to be bots wandering around the world? I enabled the bots in playerbot.conf, but I don't see anyone (other than NPCs). I did notice some database errors in the server log, but I was wondering if there was something else I was supposed to configure or enable. Thank you again for your assistance.

Okay, I got it working. Bots are running around in the cities and I can invite them to join my party. Very cool. Now, I tried out battlegrounds and had some mixed results. I do have a basic question about the bots and battlegrounds: are there supposed to be random bots that automatically join and populate the battlegrounds? The only way I was able to get bots in battlegrounds is if I had a party of bots with me and I entered a battleground, my party of bots would follow in a few seconds. For some reason I thought that I could enter a battleground on my own and random bots would join as well.

Anyway, this mod is very interesting and fun. I love how the bots will automatically level up and gear up when you invite them to your party. This is very good work and I hope you are able to continue enhancing and improving it. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Me too :)

Backport is possible, but my code is very ugly :

I use "anticrash" by using __try (Visual C++ only ?) statement because bots try to cast spell in area not loaded or on creature without guid (???)

I don't understand how cleanly fix it... it's too hardcoded and use too memory...

Good news, I fix "over" bot effect, now it's really limited, I push it later on github.

The most simple and correct way to do this for battlegrounds is probably to set the needed players to 5 or 10 maby depending on server population, then spawn up bots in the BG (up to 10 maby so players can join still) and if one faction get more pop then another in the bg they should spawn (or despawn) bots so it keeps the balance.

I cannot really code this since im not that experienced, but i got the ideas ^^,

Autobot isn't trademark in fact !

I use a custom playerbot based on blueboy work (I manually backport changes from blueboy/portal repo)

I use also rsa branch (latest merge has been a real test !!)

My repository use mmaps and cyberium AhBot too

Autobot is a fun rewrite of some things, indeed it's incompatible with blueboy work, I prefer backport manually rather use git merge engine (already tested too bad...)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@ toni1883

Can you please profide info about the error you get?

you can also use the repository with the DB of yad02 http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/em-datastore/MaNGOS/SQL/

(if you haven't)

I did a new image using his repository and after some updates (mainly the maps and vmaps extraction via his exctractor - new version) everything was running fine.

Paste some info about the error so that we can help.

Well, depends on what machine you're running the server on.

For me it's also lagging but it's bearable. Running with 40 bots on laptop with 4GB RAM, 2GHz CPU,

nVidia graphics 512MB.

You can poke around with the graphic settings and maybe with the events.....lower event count - low CPU usage.

Also - how much processes are running on your machine? If too many with HIGH priority - it leaves a little for the MANGOS.

I hope this helps :))

thx for fast respond : ) oh im running on shity comp its too weak for this so cant use this core : ((((i did put everything on minimum still its impossible too play : (..

dunno why when i use blueboy its really nice and can have like 9 bots and ahbot +vmaps with no problem ...but with this 1 bot makes impossible.. i did even try to turn off ahbot vmaps still impossible..

Emulating so many connections and characters online requires CPU, i haven't tried blueboy's PlayerBot,

but this one really fancies me :)

I'm stalking at the bots in the big cities and make Honor kills for good :)

Did anyone have positive experience in battlegrounds with the bots? Haven't tested it yet?

Thumbs up for the author!!! :) (Thanks button clicked!!!)

Thank you, yad02 :)

Will test it as soon as possible!

I was wondering - with the BotInvite and BotinviteArena commands - can i invite my account bots as well ?

I mean - except the other ones that are scripted and running around, can i invite my own that i've created in my account

(like in the standart Playerbot) ?

Thank you very much in advance for your response!

Hi,

When I run Mangos yad02's version it crashes on start up with no error message.

Here in the server log:

2011-05-28 14:40:31 MaNGOS/0.17.0-DEV (* * Revision 11545 - * at /dev/rsa branch) for Win32 (little-endian) [world-daemon]
2011-05-28 14:40:31 <Ctrl-C> to stop.

MM   MM         MM   MM  MMMMM   MMMM   MMMMM
MM   MM         MM   MM MMM MMM MM  MM MMM MMM
MMM MMM         MMM  MM MMM MMM MM  MM MMM
MM M MM         MMMM MM MMM     MM  MM  MMM
MM M MM  MMMMM  MM MMMM MMM     MM  MM   MMM
MM M MM M   MMM MM  MMM MMMMMMM MM  MM    MMM
MM   MM     MMM MM   MM MM  MMM MM  MM     MMM
MM   MM MMMMMMM MM   MM MMM MMM MM  MM MMM MMM
MM   MM MM  MMM MM   MM  MMMMMM  MMMM   MMMMM
       MM  MMM [url]http://getmangos.eu[/url]
       MMMMMM

2011-05-28 14:40:31 Using configuration file mangosd.conf.
2011-05-28 14:40:31 World Database: 127.0.0.1;3306;root;pass;mangos, total connections: 2
2011-05-28 14:40:31 MySQL client library: 5.1.49
2011-05-28 14:40:31 MySQL server ver: 5.5.12 
2011-05-28 14:40:31 Character Database: 127.0.0.1;3306;root;pass;characters, total connections: 2
2011-05-28 14:40:31 Login Database: 127.0.0.1;3306;root;pass;realmd, total connections: 2
2011-05-28 14:40:31 Realm running as realm ID 1
2011-05-28 14:40:31 Using World DB: UDB 0.12.1 (401) for MaNGOS 11376 with SD2 SQL for rev. 2036
2011-05-28 14:40:31 Using creature EventAI: ACID 3.0.8 - Full Release for Mangos (3.3.5a Client)
2011-05-28 14:40:31 Using DataDir ./
2011-05-28 14:40:31 WORLD: VMap support included. LineOfSight:1, getHeight:1, indoorCheck:1
2011-05-28 14:40:31 WORLD: VMap data directory is: ./vmaps
2011-05-28 14:40:31 WORLD: mmap pathfinding enabled

Can anyone help me? I would really like to use this version of mangos. Realmd works fine.

Cheers.

Thank you, yad02 :)

Will test it as soon as possible!

I was wondering - with the BotInvite and BotinviteArena commands - can i invite my account bots as well ?

I mean - except the other ones that are scripted and running around, can i invite my own that i've created in my account

(like in the standart Playerbot) ?

Thank you very much in advance for your response!

No, with new system, bots must be in game after recruit them, SQL request in AddAllbots() static method can only use account_id 1

@gizzt your mmaps seams enable, have you got a mmap folder ?

hi yad! thx for great and amazing work..i got a problem so plz help

problem is when i kill a bot or invite them to grupe ..then after few sec uninvite server become so laggy that i cant even move ...and i need to restart my comp coz cant do shit ..you got any idea how to solve this ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use