Arena / BG Bots

I was wondering if there is any interest or demand for a Bot system that would allow players to play Arenas and BGs against/with bots. I know this would be useful for people like me who run low pop server and would love 2 play BGs and Arenas. I am considering starting a system or helping out with one depending on the response so let me know what you ppl think! thanks!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YEAH ! it would be great because you can put a server to a small group of friends without having to worry about getting people to use the battlegrounds and arenas thats is a huge part of the game is when u say well we have the items and gear so lets kick some ass

and i forget to name the work of blueboy that did a really good work with bots already.

I was wondering if there is any interest or demand for a Bot system...

Are you kidding?? You bet there's demand!

Right now, I populate my BGs with city guards and other NPCs to at least try and give it some life on my tiny realm.

I highly recommend you consult with blueboy, our resident Playerbot guru, on this matter for ideas.

first need some way to attach scripts to players, then create AI to control them

it could be useful for other purposes too, like this

That would require a scriptname to be bound to a player...which requires a new column in the database called "ScriptName" in the characters table... (or hardcode the scriptname ofc.)

As far as combat, I suppose you could. It would require some scripting to have them capture flags or buildings, wouldn't it? That's where the BG Bot idea would come into use.

In fact, it would probably be better if Playerbot had a "BG Mode" so they could do all these things like buff/debuff, heals, and capture objectives, leaving the NPCs to just be combatants and window dressing.

As far as combat, I suppose you could. It would require some scripting to have them capture flags or buildings, wouldn't it? That's where the BG Bot idea would come into use.

In fact, it would probably be better if Playerbot had a "BG Mode" so they could do all these things like buff/debuff, heals, and capture objectives, leaving the NPCs to just be combatants and window dressing.

indeed, once playerbot supports the command, the only thing left to do is what Xeross suggested...read the remaining amount of players needed on both sides and fill it up with faction-changed playerbots... with the command "BG Mode" enabled

• 8 months later...

dunno if playerbot and blizzlike can be used in the same sentence.... but anyways, the original poster asked the question and seemed to vanish.

maybe lowering required number of players for a bg, and adding the playerbots npc in each battleground would do the trick? temp solution. playerbots still cant capture flags etc...

I think this strongly depends, how the MC-ed players targeting mechanixm works.

if they behave like having an own threatlist (tauntable?), then I agree that some basic ControlledPlayerAI needs to be implemented into core;

however it also is possible, that they behave like an extention of the Boss' AI, and in this case I think we might get good results with an (generic?) AI-box which bosses can use(*), and which handles the MCed players' actions

This might be usable like (PlayerControlledList Player*) DoHandleMCPlayer(Player*, uiDiff, m_creature); - which means, we would not have to worry for complicated script assigning, etc

I use a custom playerbot patch, "my" patch uses "autobot" mode, in fact bots can be present in game without to be grouped.

You start the server and few bots join the game, see playerbot.conf for details

They are in capitals, "talk" to pnj, take coffee or something else...

You can invite them by using /invite commande from wow

Or invoke a special specilization by using .botinvite XX, XX is the spe id, you can find it in my shareddefines.h or in dbc (just for information)

Other great news is the battleground and arena support, you can create your bg group and attempt to join a bg, after X seconds (see playerbot.conf)

Auto join bg is proposed, other side team will be hot created using bots in game

The bad news is that this system is hardcoded, "my" playerbot code is not optimized, cleaned... Blueboy work is really better than me !

You can take my ideas, but it need more research.

==> BattlegroundMgr.cpp (view other BG kernel files, not specifics)

https://github.com/yad/easy-mangos

PS : "my" branch is a mixed branch using : mangos, mmaps, some rsa patch, custom playerbot

mangos is modified to use mmaps in player movement system.

Have fun... if you have some questions : please do :)

Hi cyberium,

about double playerbot subdir it's a bug due to Windows and merge with blueboy, I attempt to fix tonight if I don't forget it once again :)

I share "my" code, but you need to pick up manually code you need.

Maybe when "my" code will be finished, I release a full branch, but way is long and I haven't enough time for the moment

Moreover, "my" code is too hacked, it needs more improvements and fixs, I have many crashes with it...

I think it needs a multithread research to improve bot CPU charge

Linux support is probably broken...

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I finished code to make bots in bg and arena.

I couldn't put it online before Thursday, I forgot my private ssl key at home...

However I have two bugs, bots sometimes refuse at the last second to enter in bg or arena, they probably need more order from server, such as deleting threadlist (really strange).

The great problem is always the same, I use a mangos full hacked, using some custom commands such gmstartup which give the best item set from DB for class and level.

I also use, autobot system, bot are summoned at server loading, and they run, talk, take coffee,... in capitals.

Autobot is a new system based on blueboy & team work, you invite bot and they follow you.

More realist but more hacked too...

If you are in team vs team with 1 human player by team, you just need to add opcodes related to arena in playerbotai.cpp

However generate a full team in other side to fight against you will be very difficult with actual blueboy patch...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use