Detonate Mana trigger spell

michalpolko

PATCH: http://pastebin.com/HPFuwu5z

- What bug does the patch fix? What features does the patch add?

- adds triggering of Mana Detionation by Detonate Mana, damage dealt, deleting the detonating player from victims list, mana consumption.

- For which repository revision was the patch created?

- Is there a thread in the bug report section or at lighthouse? If yes, please add a link to the thread.

- i didnt find any

- Who has been writing this patch? Please include either forum user names or email addresses.

- only me

it's a small patch for boss Kel'Thuzad of Naxxramas

Update: I've rewriten the patch, now it also fixes the bug with the spell dealing dmg to the target of Detonate Mana. I'm not sure how mana should be consumed, by spell (didnt find the proper one) or like this, by setting it? On yt movies I didn't notice any notification about consuming mana, only about dealing dmg to nearby players, so i suppose this way is fine.

Also made some code optimalization.

Someone pls test it. :)

• 1 year later...

thanks for the patch.

- I agree that the mana on the aura-target must be removed manually (no spell around)

- I cannot see proof that each mana does 1 damage, but this might as well be correct

- I am pretty sure that your implementation that the aura-target should not be affected by the spell is wrong :(

I think the AoE spell with TARGET_EFFECT_SELECT, TARGET_ALL_FRIENDLY_UNITS_IN_AREA must NOT target the caster.

Don't know yet if this is rather generic or not. this needs more research.

Hm, yes, there are similiar spells like Blood Nova in ICC Saurfang encounter (as far as I remember) and if there is a spell that deals dmg to the target and friendly units around then it has 2 separate effects for this. I can't remember now what spell was that but there was one... I guess it was XT-002 light bomb...

The amounts of dmg need research, maybe basing on youtube videos or players' experience. I can't do that so...

• 5 months later...

little bump here.

From wowwiki and wowhead comments it should do way more damage (depending on caster's mana pool)

Edit:

After some research, and bit thinking in [11950]

Thank you :)

Known bug: The spell hits oneself - but I am pretty convinced that this must be fixed with basic spell-targeting, and not as effect of spell 27820.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use