Questions about making the server work better, and other stuff

Guest seanb

(Edited post for simplicity)

I have some questions. Please keep in mind though that I am not the kind of person who wants everything handed to me. If you can answer a question by giving me some keywords or phrases to search with, that will probably be enough. Most of the time if i have a question, it's because I don't know what i'm looking for, so my searches aren't turning up useful information. Sometimes my problem is just knowing if it's a mangos problem, a UDB problem, etc etc.

Using Mangos, UDB, SD2, and ACID, all fully up to date.

1) Near the .teleport point "lordamere internment camp", there's a large building with a skull on it. I'm pretty sure the building isn't supposed to be there at all, because you can actually see it "spawn" when you approach it for the first time after each server reset. Worse yet, if you get too close to it, your controls get messed up. Walking away from this building is nearly impossible, and sometimes requires a GM to pull you away from it. How do i get rid of this thing? i'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be there at all.

2) Sometimes people are getting stuck in buildings. The Inn at tarren mill is a good example. My wife has gotten stuck inside that building a number of times. She's able to move around inside the building just fine, but when she tries to walk out, it's like there's a forcefield across the door. Logging out and back in sometimes fixes this, but not always. It happens in other places as well. What causes this bug?

3) (sorted)

4) I've only seen this twice so far, but it's rather odd when it does occur. We're in an instance, and a player dies. The ENTIRE ZONE's population immediately attacks the remaining players. Bosses, mobs, everything immediately converges on them. Something tells me this is a bug.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide. Remember, I'm not asking you to fix my problems, just point me in the right directions.

Sean

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use