[Help][Fix] Fixing Lightwell

Guest dpedroia15

Currently, Lightwell (id = 48087), the Holy Priest spell, is not functioning properly. According to WoWHead, the spell summons the NPC "Lightwell" (id = 31883).

Would the best way to get Lightwell working be to create a creature script for the NPC (I would be using SD2) and bind it to the NPC in the database? Or would the preferred way be through the original core?

I would do it like this with sd2:

http://paste2.org/p/850348

Only problems:

The hot (heal over time) doesnt break when the player gets 30%+ (core issue i guess)

I set the npcflags to 1, to use SD2 but the characters does the the speak animation after clicking the lightwell (blizzlike?!)

Edit:

I forgot, the glyph...

Doesnt work yet (core issue?!)

I would do it like this with sd2:

http://paste2.org/p/850348

Only problems:

The hot (heal over time) doesnt break when the player gets 30%+ (core issue i guess)

I set the npcflags to 1, to use SD2 but the characters does the the speak animation after clicking the lightwell (blizzlike?!)

Edit:

I forgot, the glyph...

Doesnt work yet (core issue?!)

Maybe whith SpellClic instead of GOSSIP make a better result.

Cant get it to work with npc_spellclick_spell, the IconName doesnt matter if npcflag isnt set to '1' and that would open a gossip menu...

And with npc_spellclick_spell we got the problem that we cant count the cast of lightwell because only ten are allowed until the well despawns.

Ok, thanks for the answer. I was thinking about how to do the Glyph too, if it's bugged or not. Would MaNGoS accept a submission without the Glyph implemented, counting on it to be working through the database (since the glyph is just a passive 20% increase to the given spell rank)?

This must be pretty much like other glyphs affect healing spells in general. Effects are applied to all players, the exceptions, benefit only to the caster, are genrally cleared stated to the text of the glyph. As you can see http://www.wowhead.com/item=42403 the text does not refer to the caster but to the spell, so my conclusion is that the benefit it to all. Like renew, flahs heal, holy nova and whatsoever.

• 1 year later...

For me lightwell does not spawn, using tihs setup

MaNGOS One/ (* * Revision 1419 - *) for Linux_x64 (little-endian)

Using script library: ScriptDev2 (for MaNGOS 11812+) Revision [s2326] (*) * * (Unix)

Using World DB: TBC-DB 1.1.0 'A Solid Foundation' for MaNGOS One s1153

Using creature EventAI: ACID 2.0.5 - Full Release for MaNGOS One (2.4.3 Client)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use