Connections

Guest shindig187

So I'm sure there are other threads on this that would potentially solve my problem, however, all of the ones that I have read/come across have not helped.

I have my MaNGOS server fully operational, I can connect/log in just fine and edit the world, add accounts etc.

I am trying to allow a friend of mine on my LAN in to the world and it wouldn't work, it kept telling him the log in server was down. I shut off my firewall, still nothing. We installed and set up Hamachi and now he's able to get in to the realm selector, see my realm, and select it. However, the world won't load for him, it just keeps re-directing him to the realm selector and I for the life of me can't figure out why... Is it my config file?

I'm unsure if it's something mis-typed in there, perhaps a port forwarding issue due to being on a router?

either way, any help would be appreciated.

Wrong world server IP address in realmd.realmlist table.

I'm moving this to general help.

Sorry for posting in the wrong section. So under the address in the realmlist, I take it it shouldn't read the 127.0.0.1 address but more so my computers ip? or the routers ip? Thanks very much, my apologies for asking such trivial questions.

Sorry for posting in the wrong section. So under the address in the realmlist, I take it it shouldn't read the 127.0.0.1 address but more so my computers ip? or the routers ip? Thanks very much, my apologies for asking such trivial questions.

Basically that's the IP the client will connect to. Use your logic to change it to whatever you need. Ie. it makes no sense to set it to your "external" IP if your players are going to connect from LAN. Similarly, LAN NIC IP address won't work with players outside. You can always make several realmlist entries and make them "point" to one world server.

alrighty, I must be missing the "point" step then as every time that I change the address under my reamlist table, it won't let me log on any further. It will tell me the realm is down, or something along those lines. do I have to leave the very first "mangos 127.0.0.1" entry and make a new one w/the address? what I have been doing is just changing the address in that first entries table and that's what causes the error. If I change it back, obviously it works. There is also another entry below it named (NULL)... sorry again, this data base stuff is new to me. Thanks much

What i did was put my external ip (from whatismyip.com) in the realmlist database entry, then used my router to forward the port to MY IP.

Now both me (on the same computer as the server), my wife (on the lan), and my friends (from home) can all connect, with only one realmlist entry in the DB, and we all have the same realmlist.wtf file as well.

do I have to leave the very first "mangos 127.0.0.1" entry and make a new one w/the address?

Yes, but another user posted a problem with this kind of setup. You might not be able to have two realmlist records point to the same realm because the first column is a primary key.

What i did was put my external ip (from whatismyip.com) in the realmlist database entry, then used my router to forward the port to MY IP.

This will work for some routers, but not all. :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use