implemented .reload creature_template.

• 40 years later...

Hi MaNGOS Community,

I have found a patch to make possible to .reload creature_template. is from trinity, and i need help to convert this patch to MaNGOS, can anyone help to make this possible? That where very nice :)

The Original Author is: Rat@walamy.

Also here is the Code:

http://pastebin.com/gNjU1HfT

i hope someone can help with this. Thank you for look in this Thread :)

Greetings Thyros.

instead of reloading whole table, why not reload single entries? would be really useful for debugging to reload a single creature, quest, gameobject template

What's the point of finding and enumerating specific template IDs when reloading a table should only take a few seconds?

because everyone who needs this function will have the entries by hand, and it is most likely easier to get stable

Not if you use SELECT * FROM xxx WHERE types of updates and not if you want to reload a number of separate entry updates in one go. As for stability, if the function is properly implemented, it shouldn't matter whether you reload one creature or all of them. Not to mention that all other .reload commands reload entire tables...

And what you will do with creature that has been spawned but after reload lost templates? What you will do with AI activated in instances if creature expect current scpripts, and etc.

This is very unsafe operation. But pointed targeted creature reload maybe more safe if connected with kill/respawn creature.

What's the point of finding and enumerating specific template IDs when reloading a table should only take a few seconds?

cause to fix some template you need to find the IDs and modify entries? i don't know how you alter stuff without knowing the entry id..

anyway why finding template IDs when you can use ingame links or player selected target