Start Location's?

Guest Bellatrix

Greeting's..-

I'm new whit Mangos, and I wanted to ask?

How do I change starting location in Mangos,? I want the starting location to be in Alterac Valley!

So, I'm debugging the Battleground, so I can get in there.

I rush to the place's I wan't as starting location.. And then I add; .tele add "Name"

But then, when I'm out of the Battleground again, I can't teleport there?

I was told, that i should fix it in the Zone's but I'm running Mangos, so how may i fix this?

And, make Alterac Valley starting zone for both faction's?

Thank you for helping.- Bellatrix

I'm sure it's in the SQL somwhere, but i cant for the life of me find it right now.

However i will say this. In your mangosd.conf there's an option to disable the intro movie for new characters. You know, the flyby with the narrator telling the racial history? Your going to want to disable those movies and restart the server BEFORE you mess around with start locations.

(sorry my info isn't more helpful, i'm at work right now, so i don't have my server data)

Yes but i do not think he can set them to AV (at least not without changing BG code).

I think so. AV is basically a zone like any other. I think the start position is just used as same as a teleport command.

How does the whole effect but to the AV fight I'm not sure. I think there are as you say at the code changes necessary.

Just make a backup and test it^ ^

If using the Alterac Valley battleground as a starting location isn't recommended, perhaps the camps outside the entrances would be better. The camp near Southshore could be the Alliance start area and the camp near Tarren Mill would serve as the Horde start area, dressed up with whatever NPCs, vendors, and buildings you wish.

It does make one wonder if it might be possible to eliminate all zones, except those related to battlegrounds, so you could have a "war server".

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use