Write Custom bosses without ScriptDev2 in C++

Guest ilija

Is this possible? If yes , same functions as ScriptDev2 usage? and which headers should i include?

Thank you!

No, some functions in ScriptDev2 are provided by ScriptDev2, like DoMeleeAttackIfReady().

You can use ScriptDev2 but remove all the scripts if you want.

• 4 weeks later...
I seriously don't see what people like in DB scripting...

even without programming knowledge C++ scripts are more readable in my opinion, finding/doing something in EventAI is goddamn annoying (but its just my small opinion) :P

It's annoying at the beginning, but when you get used to it, it will take less time to script a boss using EventAI than with SD2. And even less time if we had a nice boss-creating tool that would traduce what we want in SQL.

But coding the ~4000-5000 mobs that are done with Acid in SD2 - good luck for readability and maintaining these scripts

+1

It's a question of good sense, the perfect way would be no C++ scripts at all, only DB-based boss, even if scripting in C++ in a lot more interesting than EventAI.

But for now, EventAI is not complete enough to do everything we want.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use