[Patch] Traitor!

Guest BThallid

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi is posible make NPC who will change faction of player with some restrict like undead never will become ally??

i know there was idea to put command from lvl 3 to 0 for all players but this will give this option to all and i wanna give this possibility only for special race.

------------------------------------

Ok since nobody tell me how to make this gossip , so maby is possible in this patch make block for undead never come to ally and NE never come to hord??:)

• 2 weeks later...

Er... help? Getting an error.

DL'd the newest core of MaNGOS via git, the newest version of SD2 via SVN, then got the AHBot and Traitor mods, both via git. Made patches with each the same way. When I run "git apply --check /addon/<patch>" it works just fine for the AHBot patch (at least I assume so since it comes back blank), but the traitor patch gives the following error:

error: patch failed: src/game/CharacterHandler.cpp:71

error: src/game/CharacterHandler.cpp: patch does not apply

Any ideas what's going on, and if I can fix this?

• 2 months later...
In src/game/ReputationMgr.cpp, I added a function called SetBaseDefaults that is called before and after the player's faction is changed. Comment out the section:

if (faction->Standing != 0)
               {
                   faction->Standing = 0;
                   faction->Changed = true;
               }

You will need to keep the section below that though to make sure the flags for AtWar and such are set.

Commenting this doesnt do anything! rep is still lost! is there any other way to keep the reputation when changing teams?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What are the chances of seeing this ported into mangos zero?

I've done some messing around last night, tried to newbishly port the 3.x traitor patch into mangos zero.. but there's a big difference in the source and while I eventually got it to compile right the server would just crash upon character login.

Traitor-zero is now available at git://github.com/BThallid/mangos-zero.git on traitor-zero branch

Don't forget to apply SQL file to characters table. I did some brief testing with it.

can anyone have a bit time and update it:D

thanks

Last I checked, it didn't seem to have any conflicts. A merge should be clean, unless I'm just really missing something.

hmm,.i runned into a problem

first i cloned official mangos core and now im trying to git pull git://github.com/Bthallid/mangos.git over my officialcore files but it says it updated.im i doing something wrong or ?

still dont know how to get traitor patch file out from git

thanks

hmm,.i runned into a problem

first i cloned official mangos core and now im trying to git pull git://github.com/Bthallid/mangos.git over my officialcore files but it says it updated.im i doing something wrong or ?

still dont know how to get traitor patch file out from git

thanks

Put the branch name of traitor after the mangos.git part.

It should be:

git pull git://github.com/BThallid/mangos.git traitor

hi again bthallid i have a question...is this possible to but selection on the npc or i have to make some major changes?

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly. If you are refering to when you become a traitor, you can't click on the NPCs at first. This has to do with the client not receiving the reputation changes correctly. It was something I encountered before while working on it. It should work after logging out and then logging back in.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use