Wow Rpg

Guest cyro349

I had a dream, in this dream i was playing wow, and it had a good storyline! I'm looking for people to help create a WoW RPG, It will be alot of work, we will need to create a story (I'm not really a good writer), and we will need pepople to come up with quest idea's. If we change the stats of units in instances we can set them up as bosses.

If we are able we can change some of the abilities you get at certain levels (10, 20, etc.) for example the warlocks summon, we might change that to being able to port, if we can't think of anything else.

If anyone else can thing of anything that we might also need to include, please post it here. Or of course if anyone thinks they are a good writer (write somthing short and post it in a txt or somthing).

Regards,

~Cyro

My opinion is that I don't think this would "work". Seeing how the game is multiplayer based, I understand that you are trying to change it so that it can be play single player and offline but I just don't think it would 'fit' as a single player game, but I have no idea what your ideas are, but this is my opinion.

Ophie: You can create quests, im not talking about creating custom classes or changing the game entirly. All i need to do is add in quests, and make them avaliable at certain points. Look at it as a giant chain quest, if i can develop a good story i can create quests along that story. Then i can just lower the stats of the enemies in instances and with that i can make a basic single player RPG.

Stupidism: If you remember the Rexxar campaign from WC3, it would probably be somthing along the lines of this. Drop rates would be increased for good items so you aren't required to rely on other players, i could also implement an auction house bot if needed. Eventhough the game is created to be multiplayer, if I change or remove (if i have to) the anti-player spells then create quests along one major story then this could technically be called a Single-player RPG.

P.S.

Even if it's called 'RPG', WoW isn't it...

An RPG (in my opinion) is a game where you can play a role in a world and do EVERYTHING you want... as like as... kill your master O.ò or... investigate... any PC game can't reproduce it as like as there are TOO many variables to handle... what WoW and quests try to reproduce is about 2/5 of a *real* RPG.

Just IMHO

I know that even if I modify WoW it will remain an MMO, I just want to give people the ability of playing offline without needing to rely on all other players in order to advance through the game. This idea is aimed at people who would read the quests and follow the storyline, if you don't want then just play normal WoW, cause (no offence) but I don't care if you think this idea won't work. This thread was to try and help me find some people who would like me to work on this.

There are so many storylines and stories in wow and even role playing realms, you can have as much adventure as you want. Just read the fking quests, because nobody else will do it for you. Your problem is that you are so lazy to read quest you think that because SP RPGs have spoken text, not in wow you have to read it. So read it!

Just change elite / boss hp and dmg to 0.02% and you have easy mode single player RPG! (and disable checks for raid or party)

I think this is a great idea, and just to make it a bit easier for you, I'm one of the maintainers of AuctionHouseBot, so that part is done for you already, I probably could also work with you on a version that would fit in with exactly what you need, if the current code doesn't work into your single player WOW implementation.

From my point of view there isn't a lot that would need to be changed in the code. For the greater part it's quest editing and spawning. If you keep on using the same items and creatures (which I would strongly advise if you wish to complete this thing while we are all still alive :) ) that's already a lot of DB work done for you.

Using the Event system you could create a really living vivid world, such as thieves appearing on city streets at night etc.

Instead of changing WoW, why not just nip the problem in the bud?

Have there be a bunch of bots that simulate players, and voila, there's your single player version.

If you make a decent chat AI for them it could be pretty fun.

Obviously they should be generated with fairly randomized attributes so they aren't all the same.

Also it would probably be good to have their data save instead of them all starting fresh over and over.

This way it would be more realistic since you could make friends.

Then it will have all the pluses of being an MMORPG, but it will be a single player game :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use