Have a sit, take a coffee.

Guest Toinan67

Since I asked for this section, let's try to initiate a discussion here!

So first subject will be quite simple : what do you guys do in your life?

Are you student, do you have a job, do you play WoW 20h/24? What are your hobbies?

Other question : for how many hours/days/weeks/months/years do you know MaNGOS?

Personnaly, I'm a student (informatics of course...) and I'm in internship in a news company. (Bored all day, that's a bit why I asked for this section)

I've heard about MaNGOS about 2 years ago, and well I was quite impressed (How the ... do they make a WoW server?)

I must say MaNGOS is a great experience for me, it teached me a lot in many domains (other than C++).

Except this, IRL, nothing important to say. I like all types of music (except the ones I don't like.), I used to do sports but I stopped few years ago, I like watching TV shows, sleep, eat and I breath.

Your turn!

What i do in my life? Nothing related to pc unfotunaly :/ but yes i have a job :)

Iam from Belgium

37 years old

Iam just an pc addict since 1984 and my firs amstrad 80188 pc...

I was playing official wow from 2005 - 2007... Erf Played too much on it. I will hide my playtime forever lol.

Now i don"t realy play just i like to know what's new on it and visite some place.

I know mangos recently because i never give attetion to such like emu. The open source side of the project is one of the best thing i have seen.

Lotof thing to learn.

I hope i can help sometime like this team helped me :)

Good idea for a topic Toinan67, nice way to get to know the community and contributors!

I only recently became familiar with MaNGOS in the beginning of this year, mainly as a way for my brother and I to work on a project together and just have fun learning and messing around with everything that goes into MaNGOS making custom adventures/patches/etc. We've always enjoyed playing MMORPGs together since I've moved half way across the United States a couple years ago, but MaNGOS lets us build our own world with no limits.

Aside from my intro to how I discovered MaNGOS, I'm an IT Systems Administrator for two companies one local and one international. Went to college for Electrical Engineering, Web Applications Development, and Cisco Networking Academy. During my free time I build and prototype electronics for myself and others, after 2 years I finally have a complete electronics lab!

Ironically MaNGOS is not only helping learn new tricks in server world, but also with electronics because I often use C when programming microcontrollers (when I'm too lazy to use assembly :P) and I have learned new and different ways to accomplish tasks that sometimes would run too slow on a 4-20mhz computer

Also I'm curious what kind of servers people are using with MaNGOS.

I for one use FreeBSD, however I build/experiment with MaNGOS within a FreeBSD Jail. Runs just like a real system but there are a few things I've run into that most users have not due to the nature of jails. 1.8ghz single core, 1GB RAM, I know not quite as high as people trying to maintain a 3000+ user server, but my server is only for learning purposes for my brother and I and it seems to do the job very nicely

Mini Diablo x)

No, more along the lines of six months in a row, then breaks, and in total I might have had 10 to 14 months :)

That's what I thought, I don't know anyone who played every month for 5 years. With WOTLK, a lot of them stopped because the game was getting too casual.

I'd like to see some greens posters here! VladimirMangos, laise, Lynx3d, etc, tea or coffee? ^^

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use