Holy crap GIT

Guest paytheo

I came to mangos early this year, knowing nothing but some basic C# programming, and i've been like a kid in a cotton candy factory hyper as hell and taking everything in with an endless supply. I learned all SQL related things from mangos-->UDB, and now im even creating my own pvp ai bot using sd2... now that mangos is switching to GIT, all i can say is holy sh*t! im not in a cotton candy factory anymore, its like im in heaven!

Am i the only one excited to learn the hell out of GIT? look at all the stuff u can do! LOLOLOL

(I Kinda had 73 chocolate chip cookies before i posted this :eek::eek:)

When I saw the title "Holy crap GIT" I thought "Oh noes, not another whine post about git". This was very unexpected. ;p

You're not the only one who are excited about git. I looked forward from the beginning to learn more about it. Now when I have some basic knowledge about git I can say it's fantastic. Using cygwin + git with a better console and it's awesome :)

People are complaining too much and should try to learn it instead. It's not that hard and there are some really good guides and videos for it.

I love changes and i'm happy mangos switched to git. (ofc I can understand people who say it will be harder to update their servers with UDB and SD2 now when there are no revision numbers (I use clean mangos.sql just with creature_template and some other stuff from UDB just for testing core modifications so doesn't really matter here, I just apply the sql updates (and I use no SD2 (only sometimes)))) but there shouldn't be a problem when the devs have added some kind of revision number script (or whatever) to the git that TheLuda mentioned in some thread.

there shouldn't be any problems with udb and sd2

guys just have to create a fork and keep it up to date with their changes - not that hard

and everyone will just have to clone mangos/master and pull mangos/udb + pull mangos/sd2

it's way more flexible than revision numbering

Well i was excited learning how to use GIT, all i had to do is spend some time reading and searching on the net and found my answer at the end. But the point of this project is to learn new things, right?

Anyway i noticed a few things like the speed of downloading the trunk is much much quicker and a few other things, and one ONLY bad thing i noticed is SVN revisions but what i heard the devs are working something out. But with all things there will always be Ups and some downs.

I agree, plus now we have more in-game environment control from the CMD/Terminal Window. All my players are nagging me about 3.0 and I'm busting my @$$ trying to figure it out, but I'm probably just stuck waiting until our friendly neighborhood MaNGOS team figures it out. Keep it up guys! We Believe in you!

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use