server Emulators

Guest oinquer

Hello,

I was in my deep toughts in bed this morning and was trying to find out how server emulators work....

Basicly they are a TCP/UDP server who receives packets and respond acordingly??

nothing more nothing less?

so you sniff the conection and replicate it with server emulator?

in a very basic way...if a have a sniff that has 0xff 0x43 and so on for login, i should do the same in server emulator....

im one of those people that always needs to have something in their minds...so why not a basic TCP server wich can be the modified acording the game? this packet means this....that packet means that???

i know i know...im a dreamer xD

hmm its not a server emulator its a complete server,

it calulates the results in many ways and sends packages back wich are needed by the client to display the actions.

e.g. the movement of creatures are calculated by the server and packages (creature movement info) are send to the client wich displays the creature movement

hmmm, indeed true...will continue thinking about it, maybe will come to an answer...otherwise will just go to the next one. B)

ok, one next question....

to multithread or not to multithread?

is mangos multithreaded? normally for massive user applications multithreading is the way??

thank you for your time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use