[Patch] Rage from absorbed damage

Auntie Mangos

* What bug does the patch fix? What features does the patch add?

It adds "absorb" field to CleanDamage structure, which is used for rage calculation when damage dealt or received is absorbed.

* For which repository revision was the patch created?

Rev. 10459

* Is there a thread in the bug report section or at lighthouse? If yes, please add a link to the thread.

http://getmangos.eu/community/viewtopic.php?id=14042&highlight=rage+absorb

* Who has been writing this patch? Please include either forum user names or email addresses.

me ;)

Since 3.1.x absorbed damage (dealt and received) also generates rage and the values are the same as for non-absorbed damage, I tested it by myself (correct me if I'm wrong, pls). Adding field "absorb" is needed to calculate this rage.

With this patch rage should be generated from:

- white dmg dealt to absorb-shielded target,

- any damage taken while being shielded, also...

- ... DoT spell damage taken while being shielded (part in SpellAuras.cpp)

Also absorbed damage should generate threat.

Patch: http://pastebin.com/8Z2uRKb8

Additional patch for threat from absorbs: http://pastebin.com/qjLTEf9F

Please test, comment and/or advise me :)

EDIT: Added threat from absorbed damage, thx darkstalker.

• 40 years later...

refering to a pointer (CleanDamage const* cleanDamage) with "." operator? did You compile it? it may crash because of NULL pointer, so I'm adding ckecks right now and updating the 1st post.

Warrior gains the same ammount of rage from absorbs as from damage, which is reasonable. Did You notice higher gains of rage when absorbing then when getting/dealing normal clean hits?

Are You sure that Your crashes are caused by this patch? In what situations does it crash?

And when do those players get more rage, with normal white hits? Or maybe there's some bug similiar to Execute's bug with adding 100 rage when used sometimes?

On clean official mangos core I get exactly the same ammounts of rage with normal and absorbed hits. Maybe it's non compatible with some custom patches in Your core? Could You paste the crash log?

• 2 weeks later...
Then why did my warrior gain rage when hitting shielded target? 7~9 rage per fully absorbed hit and 7~9 rage per clean hit...? Tested on two 3.3.5 Trial accounts a few weeks ago.

Yeah I agree with you but....

http://www.wowwiki.com/Rage

eb6869018ccbd3aeb3c6809accde91.png

"d" and "s" equal to 0 when absorb all the damage. If "d" and "s" equal to 0 then R=0.

And another thing, is official text pach note in spanish:

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=7913131693&sid=4

* Ahora ganas ira cuando el daño infringido sobre ti es absorbido por medio de un escudo tal como Palabra de poder: escudo.

Translate:

Now feel like anger when the damage inflicted on you is absorbed by

through such a shield like Power Word: Shield.

thx i only whrite here the text of patch notes, and not tested in trial acc ¬¬''

Thanx you

There was a blue post saying, that blizz is thinking about introducing rage from absorbs when dealing damage, together with rage from absorbed damage taken. But there was no official post saying that it was finally implemented.

On my server's community forum there was a long discussion about this and I was protecting the statement, that absorbs from damage dealt shouldn't be rewarded with rage. And then I came with an idea of creating 2 trial accounts and testing this with 4 lvl priest and warrior :P And I was always getting rage when hitting priest in a duel with full absorbs.

Maybe I will create 2 accounts again and make a movie of this test...

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I finnally got to level 5 with my priest on trial account :P

Here it is:

9-10 clean damage dealt = 10rage

9-10 fully absorbed damage dealt = 10rage

11 fully absorbed damage dealt = 11rage

I didn't record rage from damage taken because it is clearly written in the patch notes ;)

This was recorded on trial 4.0.1, but on 3.3.5 it was exactly the same.

I hope this is a good proof. :)

• 3 weeks later...

with this patch for example if warrior has Absorb aura and get damage that absorbed -> gains rage - it's ok? You didn't check this case at retail, maybe someone can confirm if this feature or bug? Because i heard from some peoples that has warrior at offy about this case and they said if warrioir/druid are absorbing enemy's damage they didn't get a rage