Database Discussion is history

Guest TheLuda

Greetings,

while the original intention of this forum section was to encourage discussion of the servers database, this finally has changed.

You're now officially welcome to submit your projects surrounding mangos here.

But... keep it legal, and give proper credits where credits are due.

Furry hint... do not create thousands of scripts for the same purpose, combine your awesome powers.

I'm confused now. Isn't this what the core mods section is for? Is there 2 sections for 3rd party projects now? Or is core mods for 3rd party projects about the core and this for 3rd party projects outside of the core?

CoreMods for modifications, patches that not look like acceptable to mangos sources.

3rd party section for indepndent projects not mostly affected mangos code modification

I think this cleary described in section subtopic:

Nothing is perfect, and mangos surely isn't either. This is the place where you can add your custom tools making life with mangos easier, or look for tools built by other community members.

hm, so there should be a change of description of the core-mod section?

"Discuss code, review existing code, submit patches, or write implementation drafts for new and missing features."

and, if we intend to use

3rd party for projects that mainly use mangos databases/ code

core-mod for modification with custom goal

then I think we need a new place where projects are started, that are targeted for svn (non-custom)

and vladimir, I know that the core mod isn't the correct place to start projects, but many of the bigger projects that are now in svn from the last months have been started and developed in there

I think his point is it can be handled in other sections. For example, if you have a patch that would modify the DB structure, it would still go in with the patches.

If it's a modification/3rd party change than what mangos uses and it's meant be retail like, they would go in those sections.

If you're talking about changes that could come about making it more optimized, core modification would suit it.

I, for example, head up the db team over a PSM. We don't bring changes here, we follow along with the changes mangos makes and deal with bugs and fixes on our own.

There's many places to properly discuss what would apply to mangos directly. The DB section really did not need to be here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use