Git repo copy into the/a SVN?

If you read the first post of the Git mirror announcement you will find the URL for the mirrored SVN repository. *cough* there is no hundreds of pages to read, just one post.

Honestly, get used with Git. It is by far superior to SVN, and with libgit2 (a portable, libified version of Git running on plain Windows, too) being in development, a TortoiseGit is not far off.

• 38 years later...

I was wondering if anyone was gunna copy the Git changes onto the SVN, since I got tons of custom changes on the source, they are well managed with Tortoise, but it's impossible to migrate and even less manage them with the new super Git BASH/GUI system.

All those guides sticked are real nice, but there is nothing that helps migration or diff controls or anything that means source+custom.

PS: I didn't need a 100 page guide to work out SVN and Tortoise, but I guess I need one to update my source with Git huh...

PPS: This post isn't to point out that Git is crap, just to ask if anyone if going to copy the Git master into the SVN for the people that are "lazy". Or maybe a way to migrate custom files from the SVN checkout folders into the Git checkout folders.

PPPS: Read the bold-underline-italic text. :)

I was wondering if anyone was gunna copy the Git changes onto the SVN, since I got tons of custom changes on the source, they are well managed with Tortoise, but it's impossible to migrate and even less manage them with the new super Git BASH/GUI system.

All those guides sticked are real nice, but there is nothing that helps migration or diff controls or anything that means source+custom.

PS: I didn't need a 100 page guide to work out SVN and Tortoise, but I guess I need one to update my source with Git huh...

PPS: This post isn't to point out that Git is crap, just to ask if anyone if going to copy the Git master into the SVN for the people that are "lazy". Or maybe a way to migrate custom files from the SVN checkout folders into the Git checkout folders.

Search this forums, you can find "how to apply" old patches here ...

Well im not talking about patches im talking about stuff I coded myself, but I guess if I make a patch out of it and check out the "how to apply ''''old'''' patches" I could manage.

just create a patch with tortoiseSVN and then apply it to the new files with either "git apply" or "patch" (not shure if non-git patches can be used with "git apply"...)

I know this may sound like a pain, but I just ended up copying and pasting my code in Visual C++ editor manually... yes... it was hundreds of lines of code, but not a big deal. It's not like I had to really REWRITE it...

that was just that what i've done yesterday when i couldn't update my mangos (git is really good but has some problems with the merge algorithm i think...) :(

that was just that what i've done yesterday when i couldn't update my mangos (git is really good but has some problems with the merge algorithm i think...) :(
Soving conflicts is about as easy as with TortoiseSVN if you have KDiff3 installed as a mergetool. So far I haven't seen any merges that were solved better by SVN so I have to say that the algorithms itself is at least as good as good as SVN .. maybe better.

Soving conflicts is about as easy as with TortoiseSVN if you have KDiff3 installed as a mergetool. So far I haven't seen any merges that were solved better by SVN so I have to say that the algorithms itself is at least as good as good as SVN .. maybe better.

i've never said that it is not as good as svn ^^

• 2 weeks later...

I AM A CREATURE OF HABIT AND I FEAR CHANGE AND/OR LEARNING NEW THINGS!

...sorry :-p

I think I posted this at Trinity too, since this has come up there as well..

Firstly, this is a "learning" project. Learning shouldn't be the goal, learning should be a pre-requisite.

And then the main point..

The main contributors to the project (read: the devs and those supplying multiple patches) should in no way be catering to us, the leeching users. If they want to use git/svn/somerandomthingnoonehaseverheardof because it is easier or better for them to develop with, then hey(!) maybe they should be allowed too. I wouldn't be so inclined to code for some project if I disliked or couldn't efficiently submit my changes, etc.

Migrating to git (in my own opinion) was a smart move, a sign that mangos and co is evolving.

If you don't feel like evolving with the project, well... there are other WoW servers that still use svn ;)

(I don't say much, but whew...)

if you look around a little and you will find that there is in fact a mirror of git on svn ;). however how long it will be maintained is the question. it is only temporary to allow an easier transition to git. so if you ask me it would be better if you got accustomed to git.