How to get the 303-willcrashforsure

Hi!

Try this commands from where you cloned mangos:

git checkout -b 303-willcrashforsure
git pull git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git 303-willcrashforsure

The checkout will create the branch and the second command will pull just the branch you want.

http://getmangos.eu/community/showpost.php?p=48037&postcount=12
That would make local branch named "303-willcrashforsure" from your current branch. Better use

git branch 303-willcrashforsure origin/303-willcrashforsure

You can then switch between master and 303-willcrashforsure using "git checkout <branchname>" and pull "inside" it as usual.

... or use just "git checkout -b 303-willcrashforsure origin/303-willcrashforsure"

• 38 years later...

Hello!

I am running a WotLK testserver, and i want to update the MaNGOS, but i can't use GIT (SVN is greater than GIT......i think...). I am very angry, because i trying to download the latest version about 6 hours :mad:. Please tell me the commands or help me. Thanks...

Hello!

I am running a WotLK testserver, and i want to update the MaNGOS, but i can't use GIT (SVN is greater than GIT......i think...). I am very angry, because i trying to download the latest version about 6 hours :mad:. Please tell me the commands or help me. Thanks...

Hi!

The checkout will create the branch and the second command will pull just the branch you want.

Hello!

Hi!

Or you can simply make a new directory and execute these comands inside it:

git init

If you use the second option you will not be able to update the branch with "git pull" because there is no remote added.

git remote add -t 303-willcrashforsure -m master origin git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git

It will add the remote tracking the branch 303-willcrashforsure and pointing it to your master branch.

Since there's a jumble of commands on here, I hate adding more.

The basic command (from what I've learned so far) is

git clone (address of git repo) (local folder to create)

-OR- you can "git init" the dir yourself, and then use "git checkout". I prefer to use git clone so I can just "git bash here" then just "git pull" to update it. I have the 303-willcrashforsure branch, but it doesn't even recognize data past 2.4.x yet, nor is there a proper map extractor yet. They can't make one yet, because the info they need is in the client that hasn't been released yet. So, as impatient as we programmers are, we have to "wait"... (I hate that word.)

Hang in there comrades... We can ".die" The Lich King soon enough...