[10840][Patch] Aura 293 (AddMechanicAbilities)

Auntie Mangos

* What bug does the patch fix? What features does the patch add?

Implements aura 293 (note: rename at will)

* For which repository revision was the patch created?

* Is there a thread in the bug report section or at lighthouse? If yes, please add a link to the thread.

not that i know of

* Who has been writing this patch? Please include either forum user names or email addresses.

me

* Patch.

notes:

thanks to Shauren for the addSpell part, it really helped me with this

PD:

as i mentioned on the previous thread, implementation looks similar because i dont really think there is a better way to implement it

• 40 years later...

Actually, TOM_RUS told that PLAYER_FIELD_BYTES2 store uint8[2]+uint16 where uint16 is id from OverrideSpellData.dbc.

So you are wrongly replacing first two bytes but I don't know how they are used in 3.3.5.

Btw, can players with aura 293 use own spells besides spells from OverrideSpellData.dbc? Is it checked by client? Maybe we need check it on server to prevent cheating?

so SetUInt16Value(PLAYER_FIELD_BYTES2, 0, i_OverrideSetId); should do the job, right?

and about the second part of the issue i dont think so as the spells "learned" are only the ones from that dbc all other spells become "greyed out" and i get the error "you cant do that right now"

Actually, TOM_RUS told that PLAYER_FIELD_BYTES2 store uint8[2]+uint16 where uint16 is id from OverrideSpellData.dbc.

So you are wrongly replacing first two bytes but I don't know how they are used in 3.3.5.

Btw, can players with aura 293 use own spells besides spells from OverrideSpellData.dbc? Is it checked by client? Maybe we need check it on server to prevent cheating?

no, they cant

yes, its checked in client

additionally at blood queen ICC encounter they also get a linked silence & pacify aura

From sniff PLAYER_FIELD_BYTES2 = 0x040000F1

F1 = 241 - miscvalue of spell 70877

i have a thought about what that 0x04 can mean but i need too confirm it. was the sniff taken from the 10 man heroic version of the encounter?

10 man normal or 25 man normal, I don't remember.

Look good, but if it right then we have outdated flags positions in stleath/invis:

target->SetFlag(PLAYER_FIELD_BYTES2, 0x2000);

target->SetFlag(PLAYER_FIELD_BYTES2,PLAYER_FIELD_BYTE2_INVISIBILITY_GLOW); // 0x4000

Before patch apply need find proper value. I will attempt..

[added]

From sniff PLAYER_FIELD_BYTES2 = 0x040000F1

Ph, look like non need deep search/testing: posisble flags moved to high part, so just will test this case first

[added2]Flags fix confirmed. One bug less in addition to new functionality support. ^^