Function SetInCombatWithZone

Guest Samuell.Sk

Rescent commits allowed us to have scripts in world_template which is great, but not all functionality is supported. Will be anytime soon function "SetInCombatWithZone" (located in Creature.cpp) ,implemented ?

What about other functions like this which require "IsDundeong" check , will be they available ?

SetInCombatWithZone for contient, lol. I not think that you want set all players in map in combat ;)

And this implemented in diff way recently:

Need set extra flags for boss in DB creature_template

CREATURE_FLAG_EXTRA_AGGRO_ZONE = 0x00000200, // creature sets itself in combat with zone on aggro

Ofc, work only in dungeons.

But if see some cases where you think IsDungeon not appropriate. Points to it directly i can review this cases.

SetInCombatWithZone for contient, lol. I not think that you want set all players in map in combat ;)

And this implemented in diff way recently:

Need set extra flags for boss in DB creature_template

CREATURE_FLAG_EXTRA_AGGRO_ZONE = 0x00000200, // creature sets itself in combat with zone on aggro

Ofc, work only in dungeons.

But if see some cases where you think IsDungeon not appropriate. Points to it directly i can review this cases.

You can think of my case as an "open dungeon". Place which is "continent" but only from dbc point, there are mobs/bosses and players can enter place whenever they want (just like continent), but its content is dungeon like.

system not created for like cases

Thank you for pointing out http://www.just-whatever.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/captain-obvious.jpg

That much i already know, so lets go back to the original question, are there any plans for implementing it ? If you want more real usage, its used during aq gate opening where whole kalimdor will be "in combat" for 10 hours if i remember correctly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use