Playerbot

This suggest that something is continually sending an 'inspect' request to the bot. Are you using any addons that have party chat. I know 'QuestHelper' does. Either disable party chat or disable the addon.

Hope this helps

Hi

HealBot 3.3.5.4 caused spamming.

Why only one bot is spamming "Here's all the items in my inventory that I can equip." ?

Akuba

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HealBot 3.3.5.4 caused spamming.

Why only one bot is spamming "Here's all the items in my inventory that I can equip." ?

Tough to say without inspecting the AddOn in question. Is Pallod perchance the healer? Tank? Focus target? Or perhaps it's linked to who you're targeting? Perhaps he's selected in HealBot?

You can't really expect UI addons designed for retail play to work flawlessly with Playerbot and other additions to MaNGOS that are not part of the retail client or server.

Automated scripts that make your toon more or less a bot by casting spells for you would most likely conflict with Playerbot, since it has features that do similar things. If you must use Healbot, then it will be necessary to disable the Party chat features it uses, as blueboy has suggested, or dig into the lua code and modify it to be compatible with Playerbot.

Until someone comes along with a UI addon for Playerbot, that's the best you can hope for.

Hi Guys,

@kennumen It looks good to me. Data fields can always be changed, if the need demands later. I look forward to seeing your work and thanks

@Akuba As I said on PM we might need to examine incomming comms from HealBot and update the text filters.

I've included a monitor in the code just before the text filters @ ~ line 5345 in PlayerbotAI.cpp

DEBUG_LOG("txt(%s)",text.c_str());

The output to the world daemon (mangosd) screen then gave the following from HealBot

CHAT: packet received. type 2, lang 4294967295

txt(HealBot R)

txt(HealBot R)

txt(HealBot R)

txt(hbComms I)

txt(hbComms I)

txt(hbComms I)

txt(HealBot S:3.3.5.4:N)

WORLD: CMSG_SET_ACTIVE_VOICE_CHANNEL

As you can see, not all the comms contain the word "HealBot". Maybe you can do the same on your server, until the spam occurs again. We can then include addtional filters (i.e "hbComms") to stop unwanted noise.

Hope this helps

Love this bot... running with a group of 7 through the game right now... Unfortunately, I can't get them to enter instances with me. I've seen the issue come up a few times in this thread, but nobody's come up with a solution on how to get bots into instances...

So are others capable of doing it? If so, what's the trick?

Love this bot... running with a group of 7 through the game right now... Unfortunately, I can't get them to enter instances with me. I've seen the issue come up a few times in this thread, but nobody's come up with a solution on how to get bots into instances...

I've made all these plans and hadn't even tested instancing (but in my defense, my main is stuck at level 6).

Tried out RFC with a level 80 lock and a level 80 hunter (with pet - nice clue here). Enter RFC, the wolf spawns next to me and starts running off. Look at the minimap, the hunter is southeast but too far even on max zoom out of the minimap. I go back out (because I have the start gear at this point), the hunter stays in RFC. "not close enough to vendor to sell" ORLY :)

I go back in, wolf spawns next to me running off again. I start attacking a mob (to see if I can clear my way to the bot) when as the first mob dies the hunter starts running in. I go out of RFC, the wolf spawns next to me and starts running off. I go back in, the hunter spawns (relatively) close but in lava. I got back out, wolf starts running off again. Check the world map, the hunter is in Stonetalon Mountains (where I am in Orgrimmar, obviously).

From what I can tell it works, just teleporting coordinates gone haywire. Something worth looking into.

From what I can tell it works, just teleporting coordinates gone haywire. Something worth looking into.

I looked into part of this a while back before I was away. I had revamped the code for the bots to enter instances by using SMSGs at appropriate points or in response to other pieces (I am a strong believer in trying utilize the server handlers instead of trying to recreate the procedure inside). This process though brought forward a glitch that is in the core code to happen 100% of the time. The glitch in the core is when a you enter an instance with a group of other players, but some (or just one) of the other players are invisible to you. With the instance changes in place that I had, the bots were always invisible to the master. I could have another player already in the instance or enter after the bots were there and everything would be okay. The only way I was able to get around this was to put some delay code with an added bot state in the bot code to have them wait a few seconds before following after the master. After that, it worked great, but I didn't like the idea of using any delay code. I started to investigate which part of the core was the problem, but got busy with the real life stuff that happens to all of us.

Hi

I have only been able to test The Deadmines with my bots. No problems in entering that instance.

Are your bots in a party with you? Is instance only for 5 toons?

Best regards,

Akuba

Hi

I have only been able to test The Deadmines with my bots. No problems in entering that instance.

Are your bots in a party with you? Is instance only for 5 toons?

Best regards,

Akuba

I couldn't get any to come with me to the stockades, though I did get a fire imp from the warlock I tried bringing in. I went to Deadmines, and using .tele deadmines, I actually teleported INTO the instance (I didn't know that was possible. I figured the waypoint would've been outside of the entrance) and was able to bring the two bots I had in my party with me.

Only reason why I'm doing this is, in terms of end-game content, I'd love to raid with these guys, but I can't do that if we can't all go in the instance.

Hi again

Reading from https://github.com/blueboy/portal/blob/master/bot_readme.txt,

currently there is no support for enchanting?

How about: /t BOTNAME enchant <ITEM LINK> ?

That would command bot to open trade window and put ITEM for enchanting.

Best regards,

Akuba

I just love Playerbot

165: /w BOTNAME nt [Powerful Soulbound Item]

As far as trading and having a bot enchant your items (or those of fellow bots), no, that's not supported. ... Yet, anyway.

Would respond to the other posts but just got no time right now, catch you guys later.

Hi again

Best regards,

Akuba

I just love Playerbot

As far as trading and having a bot enchant your items (or those of fellow bots), no, that's not supported. ... Yet, anyway.

Would respond to the other posts but just got no time right now, catch you guys later.

How about I would enchant bot's gear.

- I would initiate trade and then I would /w enchant ITEM.

- Bot would put that ITEM into "Will not be traded" slot.

- I'd do the enchanting.

Maibenrai

Hi again

Best regards,

Akuba

I just love Playerbot

How about I would enchant bot's gear.

- I would initiate trade and then I would /w enchant ITEM.

- Bot would put that ITEM into "Will not be traded" slot.

- I'd do the enchanting.

Maibenrai

As i said that command's already present:

/w BOTNAME nt ITEM

so in the case of Akuba:

/w Allod nt [Golden Bracers of the Gorilla]

... for example. then you enchant.

/w - whisper

BOTNAME - whisper target

nt - command: no trade -> put item in no trade slot

ITEM -> item to put in no trade slot.

I looked into part of this a while back before I was away. I had revamped the code for the bots to enter instances by using SMSGs at appropriate points or in response to other pieces (I am a strong believer in trying utilize the server handlers instead of trying to recreate the procedure inside). This process though brought forward a glitch that is in the core code to happen 100% of the time. The glitch in the core is when a you enter an instance with a group of other players, but some (or just one) of the other players are invisible to you. With the instance changes in place that I had, the bots were always invisible to the master. I could have another player already in the instance or enter after the bots were there and everything would be okay. The only way I was able to get around this was to put some delay code with an added bot state in the bot code to have them wait a few seconds before following after the master. After that, it worked great, but I didn't like the idea of using any delay code. I started to investigate which part of the core was the problem, but got busy with the real life stuff that happens to all of us.

Striving for perfection is admirable... It's your code to do with as you wish, but an imperfect fix is still a fix. Personally I'd just put in the fix along with a TODO comment, to fix/improve myself (or by someone else) later. I also agree with your SMSG comment - it's always best to work on a high level using methods already present than reinventing your methods, that would be inviting bugs. Having said that, I may be re-writing some things myself simply because I don't know if or where they are. Sometimes you just have to let it go and accept imperfections or you'll never get anywhere ;)

I'm also noticing that mages, when they conjure food or drink, they conjure rank one (when they have up to rank 4-5). I'm going to see if I can just unteach the lower ranks from those characters, but that might be a bug.

It's not about unlearning old spells, I think it's just hard-coded to use the bottom rank spell. All it needs is one line of code. I'd take a look myself but I'm not yet familiar with spellIds plus I have that talent stuff to finish. Thanks for reporting it.

Hi Guys,

I see there has been alot of discussion and that's always good. I haven't been ignoring you, but I've been busy working on an idea that will enable bots to manage their primary professions (i.e enchanter bots can now enchant and disenchant items). I already have a working patch for enchanting and I hope to develop the idea to encompass other primary professions that manipulate items too.

I want to avoid changing gaming restrictions that exist in wow, for playerbot. As far as I'm aware, the soulbound restriction exists to prevent item trading/enhancing between players. If a player has a soulbound item, he/she can use it, sell it and or enhance it only if they have the ability (i.e enchanting or jewelcrafting) to do so. If this is incorrect let me know

I will be creating a new alpha branch called 'process' and will push the code shortly.

Hope this helps

Hey guys,

im new here and i dont know how to do this..

I have the most recent Mangos-zero compile - its working and cools but i need to add playerbot to it.

How can i do it?

I have linux debian 5 running.

how can i download https://github.com/blueboy/portalzero.git and where do put it?

and what then?

i personally find this the easiest way ( others may object and have their own way but )

after you clone mangos zero goto the directory just made via clone 'cd server'

then just type git pull git://github.com/blueboy/portalzero.git

this will download and merge the code into the same branch all at once, when that is complete you can either compile or ad sd0 if you havnt done so already

Ok this seems easy tho can u tell me please what does sd0 stand for?

hey once i did the command it said

[== no ==]
You asked me to pull without telling me which branch you want to merge with, and 'branch.develop.merge' in your configuration file does not tell me either.  Please name which branch you want to merge on the command line and try again (e.g. 'git pull <repository> <refspec>'). See git-pull(1) for details on the refspec.

what does it mean?

I want to avoid changing gaming restrictions that exist in wow, for playerbot. As far as I'm aware, the soulbound restriction exists to prevent item trading/enhancing between players. If a player has a soulbound item, he/she can use it, sell it and or enhance it only if they have the ability (i.e enchanting or jewelcrafting) to do so. If this is incorrect let me know

This is in fact incorrect. Soulbound items can be entered into the trade window in the special 'will not be traded' slot, and can then be enchanted by the other party. The soulbound item can of course not be actually traded.

Jewelcrafting just sells the jewels which the owner then puts into his equipment. Armor patches work in the same way.

Do keep in mind that every profession has some 'owner only' perks, such as a enchantments that can only be cast on own gear (or is it that they are only effective if worn by someone with enchanting 325+ for example). Probably the latter (else you could just enchant non-soulbound gear with the very best and still trade it).

Also, most engineering things do in fact require engineering, so what I said above is not a catch-all statement. But then enchanting is probably the only one that uses the 'will not be traded' trade slot.

Hope this helps. Will be working on sharing my branch later tonight or tomorrow. It's not complete (roughly halfway?) but I'm eager to share and get notes.

and i have one more issue... since im running on linux and i have a working mangoszero already - hence i decided to have the patched one (with player bot) in a separate dir ( imean the code) so i coppied the original to a different one and attempted to compile it but it said it will not do it as the path is not correct.. i figured that somewhere in the configs it must say that the path is <original-clean-mangos0> so i just changed the name again and during the cmake - not to overwrite the running working distro - i change the DPREFIX to a different path - will it work?