Where did all my ore go?

blynx

I have:

Mangos 3.3.5a, (10545)

SD2 1833

UDB 0.12.1 (393) patched to 399

Acid 3.0.8

Everything seems fine, except for one thing: Ore.

I just completed a full circuit of loch modan and got: 5 spawned ore nodes.

Everywhere I go - dun morogh, westvale, stranglethorn, duskvale (Duskvale has TWO ores for the whole map!!!) mines - it's the same, some mines even have ZERO ore and the most I have ever seen is two.

I haven't modified the drop rates from the original .conf files as I like to play as close to real WOW as possible.

Never having played real WOW, I don;t know but these spawn rates seem awfully low - I looked in WOWhead and some places show 600 mining locations per map!

Is anyone else encountering this? Is there any way to fix it without modifying drop rates?

This is a database (UDB) question not mangos.

but to give you a quick answer this is the way it is intended to be, all the maps do have lots of ore, they are just grouped into spawn pools and only a few objects are spawned at a time. spawn pools allow only a few objects to be spawned and then at respawn a randomly selected new object is spawned

There is a much more detailed explanation at udb forums

It does seem low, especially if your the only one thats farming. Although it does sometimes seem theres no ore in the area then you suddenly hit a load. If it continues like this try modding your conf and see if it evens it out.

Otherwise you could just check the database and see if you have the correct amount of entries.

Whoops.. I clicked on the wrong button and "reported" your post .. sorry ...

Being a mangos noob I didn't know there was a separate mining rate control but I've now doubled both mining rates and will see ... thanks for the idea ...

If you're talking about the 'Rate.Mining' values in mangosd.conf, unless I'm very much mistaken those only have to do with how many times you can mine from any given ore node; they don't affect how many nodes will spawn.

To affect that, you need to modify the database. Specifically, you need to modify pool_template, to raise the max_limit values in appropriate ways. The trouble lies in determining what constitutes "appropriate", and there's some disagreement on that point at the moment.

I've posted some fairly simple SQL over in the UDB forums which should raise the limits in most cases, for ore and herbs alike. I wouldn't necessarily recommend using what I posted as-is, but it might be suitable, and at the least it should point you in the right direction.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use